Announcement

Collapse

SITE UPGRADE

We've just performed a major upgrade to the forum software. You may have noticed things look a bit different!

Please note that some features have yet to be reinstated, this will be done over the next few days. Attachments, pictures and signatures may not function as they should for the time being.

Thanks for your patience!
See more
See less

Roll Call List September 2012! Who's in ???

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting FD Deck at Glasgow with SSTG. My sponsors OOCL staying private as im abit older and cant hack the fire alarms and screaming of halls :P havent even looked at uniforms yet still loads of time to prepare. Look forward to seeing you all there!

Comment

Hi I'm starting in Glasgow in September as a deck cadet with Regent Seven Seas. See you all there!

Comment

Originally posted by captain_hook View Post
        Starting FD Deck at Glasgow with SSTG. My sponsors OOCL staying private as im abit older and cant hack the fire alarms and screaming of halls :P havent even looked at uniforms yet still loads of time to prepare. Look forward to seeing you all there!
        How old are you? I'm 27, basically got harangued into self-catered halls but looking around a few rental sites there seems to be a few places a lot cheaper in and around that area not to mention the slightly nicer seeming west side for basicaly the same cash! Stipulated, rather unlikely, that I'd prefer to be with older cadets in halls...

Comment

Evening all.
          I'm Jordan 25, HNC Deck, Glasgow,
          3 choices are: Chevron, Northern Marine and Farstad.
          Not been out of work since school, so I'm prepared for a swift shock getting back into education.
          Good luck to all who are awaiting news, and congrats to all who have succeeded.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna-F View Post
            Hi I'm starting in Glasgow in September as a deck cadet with Regent Seven Seas. See you all there!
            How did you already find out? I've put them down as one of my choices.

I'm starting in Glasgow on 3rd September as a Deck Cadet too. Really looking forward to it now.

Comment

Start In Glasgow next week With Clyde, HNC Engine, Not yet found out my sponsor company
              Roll on!!

Comment

Just been changed from HNC Engine to PD Engine, so I will be starting a week later than planned, bit of a late phone call right enough! Still can't wait though

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew93 View Post
                  Just been changed from HNC Engine to PD Engine, so I will be starting a week later than planned, bit of a late phone call right enough! Still can't wait though
                  why the change

Comment

They called saying I have good enough grades to do PD and asked if I wanted change, bit confused to why they left it that late and not put me down for it from the start but hey ho.

Comment

ramfeild, im 23 mate. you hit the nail on the head. i think halls wanted £97 a week for semi catered facilities although dont quote me on that. Me and a friend whose in his final year of uni chose to rent privately in the west end of glasgow for £70pw . If your going to go private be very quick as the competition for flats is massive! most halls are for the young guns through experience. We went for a flat as you get far more for your money and the location we found was perfect for both of us.

Comment

Hi well I was offered an interview with them as they choose a few cadets for sponsorship. Glad to see a few 'older' cadets on here. I'm 24 and a former teacher. Can't wait to get started should have done it when I left school! However, I've gained valuable 'real-life' experience and all the better for it I'm sure. See you all in Glasgow 3rd September!
                        Originally posted by KD95 View Post
                        How did you already find out? I've put them down as one of my choices.

I'm starting in Glasgow on 3rd September as a Deck Cadet too. Really looking forward to it now.

Comment

Anybody know anything about the booking in process and times for halls?
                          "The man who goes to sea is a man in despair.";- Marco Polo

Comment

Im in glasgow for September, St.Lukes halls. Anyone else in there, would be good to get to know some of you!

Comment

Working...
                            X