• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCNS - September!!!

Any other deck cadets???

Re: GCNS - September!!!

Me (:
    "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

And me Which course are you doing?

Comment

Good luck but avoid staying in Catered halls if you can! We call it Alcatraz for a reason!
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Hi! I'm starting GCNS in September also but I'm going down the HNC engineering route. Anyone have any idea of start dates, things like that? I'm moving from N.I. and trying to figure out when I'll actually be leaving...

Comment

I think we will find out the start dates nearer the time?
            So what's so bad about the catered accommodation? I don't think I have much of a choice as I will be under 18 when I start.

Comment

I'll be there!

Comment

Originally posted by Lid
                So what's so bad about the catered accommodation? I don't think I have much of a choice as I will be under 18 when I start.
                I was talking to someone today and they told me that the Eng cadets start between 23 - 30th August and the Deck cadets start around 2nd week of September. If your a first year cadet with Clyde Marine you have to stay in the catered accommodation under or over 18 as far as I'm aware.

Comment

I'm starting in September :-)
                  The bird is the word

Comment

Originally posted by simonk
                    Originally posted by Lid
                    I was talking to someone today and they told me that the Eng cadets start between 23 - 30th August and the Deck cadets start around 2nd week of September. If your a first year cadet with Clyde Marine you have to stay in the catered accommodation under or over 18 as far as I'm aware.
                    Cool might be starting on my birthday lol
                    Oh I didn't realize that - was hoping I might be allowed to stay in the self catered!

Comment

Oh no! I don't want the catered accomodation! Surely if we're paying for it, we should be allowed to choose? And If it's your birthday Lid, we'll have to celebrate
                      "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

If your under 18 then a letter from your parents would probably do the trick.
                        Its just bad, i stayed there for three days on a Tanker Fam course and even I couldnt stand it. Its like a bloody barracks!
                        Enjoy!
                        Engineers generally start on the 27th August or the first Monday close to that date.
                        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by effiestephy
                          Oh no! I don't want the catered accomodation! Surely if we're paying for it, we should be allowed to choose? And If it's your birthday Lid, we'll have to celebrate
                          Nah me either! But I think we can survive for the first phase haha!
                          Yes I'd like to think so - will ask Clyde Marine.
                          We will do lol its on the 6th so wait and see!
                          Oh and letter from parents that sounds like a plan!

Comment

'Its like a bloody barracks!' Oh joy, I can't wait now! Haha.

Comment

Hey, I am starting GCNS in september as a deck cadet aswell , i am doing the HND course, my dad knows a guy at work whos brother went to GCNS with Clyde Marine last year i think he had to book a place in a hall of residence for the first month but didnt have to stay there. Anyway what ages is everybody I will be 18 by the time the course starts so I think i'll probably be the youngest in the class, can't wait to start thougth september can't come quick enougth!!

Comment

Working...
                              X