September 2011 - Accommodation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September 2011 - Accommodation

There was no curfew for over-18s when I was there (a few, ahem, years ago), the only overnight restriction was no guests. What is the source of info on the curfew?

We used to call it a night around 3am most days.

Comment

partly gcns website, partly accommodation info sheet i had sent to me from gcns, i also had last years accommodation info sheet sent to me to look at in january. All of which say
      "We operate a curfew system in the halls requiring students to return to the halls at specified times; details of these times are dependant on your age and/or the particular course you are attending. Any resident under 18 will only be given extension to these times after written confirmation has been recieved from their parent or guardian."

I have sent an email to gcns quoting this along with details of my age and the course i'm attending to find out exactly what the time we are required to be back in halls is.

Lewis - usually takes a couple of days for them to get back to me, when i have an answer i'll post it up here for you

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Comment

Thanks for the info steve, would be great if there is no curfew. The guest bit i'm not fussed about.

Comment

got message back from gcns, as steve said there is no curfew for those over 18

Comment

I'm Studying the PD in Engineering and starting in September. Doing it through SSTG so had no choice but to stay in halls (even though I live a half hour tran journey away), and after reading through the forums I asked if I could go self catered. Originally I had wanted Catered because of the money thing and it would mean I would deffinately be fed each day, which is a handy thing.
            Then after some reading through these forums I seen people saying how poor quality the catered accomodation is; no desks in the rooms, shared toilets and showers and a 10 oclock curfew.
            The thing that put me off it soo much was the curfew, but I will be 20 by september and so reading this thread now and finding there is no curfew for over 18's is a bit annoying.
            Based on what I read elsewhere, you get a desk and an individual shower and toilet facility in the self catered accomodation, the desk being the most important thing for me. So I chose this option, will be gutted if come september its not the way I have said it is here
            Don't know if that helps at all, but hopefully none of us are dissapointed and all manage to cope with whatever we are stuck with

Comment

which company are you with through sstg tam?

To start with after reading through forums about catered i was feeling much along the same lines as you about going into self catered, however after thinking alot about it i am going to go into catered, mostly because it means i have more money every month to myself, i get fed every day and don.t have to worry about cooking and food shopping. I can manage with shared showers and toilets and even with no desk as am likely to sit on floor with a massive circle of notes around me. I hope everyone copes with their accomodation, will see you all there in september

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Miller
                ...and even with no desk as am likely to sit on floor with a massive circle of notes around me.
                You will find a massive circle difficult to achieve in your small cell in Alcatraz. Once you have sat on the floor there may be no room left for your notes.

Comment

lol @steve. You should see my room at the momenmine.ve, the rooms in alcatraz are bigger than mine is and i have managed so far to study and the likes

Comment

Working...
                  X