September 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 2020

Hiya! I am going to be joining in September 2020 and I was just wondering who else was. Also any girls joining then? Wanted to see how many girls will be on the course with me! Thanks

Hi, I’m currently a phase 2 deck cadet in Glasgow. In my intake we had 4 girls out of 47 of us. Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions about it

Comment

HI Jesswales , I have had an offer from Chiltern to attend either Fleetwood or Glasgow, and i think my preference if Glasgow. I am also a girl so you wont be alone if i attend.

Comment

user1966 oh cool!! Yh I had the choice between fleetwood and Glasgow and I chose Glasgow! Which sponser have you been offered

Comment

Jesswales I have definitely made decision and I will be going to Glasgow in September! I have been sponsored by Maritime Education Foundation (MEF) with Chiltern. What about you? Who are you sponsored by? I am glad I have found another girl going hah.

Comment

Hi,
            I’m also girl going to Glasgow in September, my sponsorship is also through MEF. I look forward to seeing you there!

Comment

Drewg098 That's great! I'm glad there is now 3 of us haha. I'm sponsored by MEF too.

Comment

Morning Drewg098 Jesswales user1966 Hope I can ask you a few questions. I was not really planning on South Shields or Glasgow, & visited Warsash. Destiny is dealing me SSheilds or Glasgow ! & I may have to make a choice without the benefit of an open day. What made you choose Glasgow? Did you make it to the open day? Looking on both websites, trying to see can you do a Foundation Degree or is it the HNC only? Thank you all for any advice!

Comment

Hi Popadopalis I wasn't able to attend an open day at Glasgow as I thought I would be attending Warsash, I had the choice of Fleetwood or Glasgow. I chose Glasgow as it will be easier for me to travel to and from home by an hour flight instead of a long drive somewhere. It also looked like there would be more going on in Glasgow than Fleetwood. I am doing the HNC route and I know the other girls are too. I am not sure if you can do the Foundation or not at Glasgow, but there maybe another forum to help you. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Comment

You can do the equivalent of the FD in Glasgow but its called an SPD instead. It is the same level as the FD though

Comment

Hey, I'm due to start at Glasgow in September . Seems like a distant dream right now though!

Comment

Sea-going-Sara It really does feel like a distant dream, but hopefully we'll all be start. Look forward to seeing you there if all goes to plan!

Comment

Hi, I am also due to start at Glasgow in September, sponsored by Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines (through Chiltern). Hopefully the course can start on time!

Comment

Hi everyone !!

Girl here too !! I haven’t applied for the course yet as I only just applied for sponsor with Clyde marine, I actually work onboard a cruise ship right now. Holland America line and I’m wanting to change career from photographer to deck officer.

Im actually onboard a ship right now... we are kind of just adrift off the coast of Mexico due to this whole covid outbreak and the company is struggling to get us home!!

Anyway i I just wanted some more info on the whole sponsor ship thing goes as I obviously want to come back to the company I have worked in for 4 years.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated!
                            Thanks !!

Comment

Jack1 that's great!! Hope to see your there

Comment

Working...
                              X