X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AwsomeSeaFarer
    replied
    Originally posted by ManxMariner View Post

Don’t know if there’s some confusion, the riverside CAMPUS is amazing!! The riverside ACCOMMODATION is a nursery. St Luke’s is brilliant, all recently done up, our kitchen had just been done last year and was ace.

One of the guys in my class was 20, and got put into Riverside as St Luke’s had no space left. He absolutely hated it. Described it as being a crèche and claustrophobic, everyday he’s in the college, living on the college site and from his window he sees the college, least St Luke’s is over the road!!
    Ahhhhhhh, I thought they meant the actual college. Then yea, 100% go to St Luke’s, riverside accommodation doesn’t even let you drink even if you are above the legal age.

That also being said, riversides “single room” is actually a shared room with a divider, so enjoy that

Leave a comment:

• ManxMariner
    replied
    Originally posted by AwsomeSeaFarer View Post

Yea actually, who are they? Cause the majority of people at the riverside campus are over 21 or just under it.

Still can’t recommend riverside enough tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don’t know if there’s some confusion, the riverside CAMPUS is amazing!! The riverside ACCOMMODATION is a nursery. St Luke’s is brilliant, all recently done up, our kitchen had just been done last year and was ace.

One of the guys in my class was 20, and got put into Riverside as St Luke’s had no space left. He absolutely hated it. Described it as being a crèche and claustrophobic, everyday he’s in the college, living on the college site and from his window he sees the college, least St Luke’s is over the road!!

Leave a comment:

• AwsomeSeaFarer
    replied
    Originally posted by ManxMariner View Post

Can I ask who “they” are???
    Yea actually, who are they? Cause the majority of people at the riverside campus are over 21 or just under it.

Still can’t recommend riverside enough tho

Leave a comment:

• ManxMariner
    replied
    Originally posted by CRennie View Post

They said i need to go riverside because I’m under 21

Can I ask who “they” are???

Leave a comment:

• AwsomeSeaFarer
    replied
    I’m at riverside now. Managed to secure a pretty limited cadetship. . So cannot recommend Riverside enough! Great staff.

Feel free to pm me.

Leave a comment:

• EH75
    replied
    Yeah when I was there Riverside was for the under 18s. Full of daft rules like you have to be in every night by a certain time, couldn't have any visitors unless they were signed in, no alcohol etc. St Luke's was much more relaxed. This is 10 years ago now though and before they tore down the old accommodation so it might be different now. The "21" thing is ridiculous though. What relevance does being 21 have under UK law? At 21 you could've already been to uni and got a degree and been living away from home for a few years. They should be concentrating on the quality of their teaching rather than making up nonsense rules about where people can sleep.

Leave a comment:

• ManxMariner
    replied
    Riverside is under 18’s, I’d be absolutely raging if I was over 18 and got put into Riverside, basically you’re going into a nursery!

Leave a comment:

• CRennie
    replied
    Originally posted by MoeLester View Post
    Go to St Luke's not Riverside. Trust me
    They said i need to go riverside because I’m under 21

Leave a comment:

• MoeLester
    replied
    Go to St Luke's not Riverside. Trust me

Leave a comment:

• CRennie
    started a topic September 2020

September 2020

Anyone else going to City of Glasgow College in September? Riverside or St Lukes?
Working...
X