Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank

I have decided to open a new bank account as i am sick of the crap service I get from my current bank. Just wondring what banks (if any) are close to GCNS.

Re: Bank

Closest is HBOS down on Bridge Street. Best bet is to go into the city centre....
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

I recommend a building society.

With Internet and telephone banking, branch location should be a secondary concern.

Comment

yeah, go with nationwide, you get free cash withdrawls in europe and low cost ones elsewhere in the world

rbs used to charge me 3 or 4 pounds a go
        Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Santander are good, I have been with them a few years now and so far everything about them is good.

Comment

Oooh, that's borderline advertising
            Emeritus Admin & Founding Member

Comment

A friend in college was with santander and they gave him a visa electron which meant he was unable to purchase train tickets home on GNER (as it was then) website so had to pay a higher premium at the station. His experiences mean i wouldnt go anywhere near.

I'm with barclays as my main pay in account and a load of little satellite accounts elsewhere for my savings.

For your question - The college is right in the city centre so without too much trouble you'll find pretty much all of them.

P.S. if any of you guys are english, use northern rock bank ATM to take cash out. It gives you english notes instead of the god awful scottish ones and usually pleases me on a weekend

Comment

If your thinking towards the future, HSBC is definately by and far the best bank for people working abroad. The international service is second to none, they have branches in almost every country, and you can setup multiple linked accounts including offshore and onshore. internet banking works well.

Comment

Working...
                X