Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September 2017 roll call - who is starting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 2017 roll call - who is starting?

Who else is starting in September this year? Would be good to hear from you before starting.
    Get in touch!

Hi. I start in Glasgow sponsored by Princess Cruises. Been told course starts 28th Aug move into Riverside on 27th..... loads of time to unpack lol.

Comment

look after the place for us, as don't get there until first week of sept. Would be good to chat on here before start date to find some things out. What course are you doing there?

Comment

I'm starting my course around the same time as you, although it has not been Finalised by CMT they have told me it should be around this time! I'm doing my sponsorship through Clyde marine and am yet to find out which company I will be with! Very excited about getting started though

Comment

Hi I'm doing SPA Marine Engineering.
          Yeah can give you an update once I get there and start.

What's your course?

Comment

just coming to the end of my 1st phase of SPD engineering. started in January. so if any new starters need any advice giz a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulBigley View Post
              just coming to the end of my 1st phase of SPD engineering. started in January. so if any new starters need any advice giz a shout.
              Do the riverside campus provide bedding for new cadets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Paul, might just take you up on that offer.

Comment

Away to start doing the Professional Diploma in Marine Operations at Glasgow. Gonna be staying at St Luke's so looking forward to meeting you all!

That said I only got my offer from Clyde on Monday so these two weeks before I start are gonna be insane!

Comment

Hi Dave

Yea they do. Rooms are cleaned every week, with bedding change every two weeks.

Comment

Thanks we drop out son off there next weekend so lots to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

every kitchen has pots, pans, crockery, cutlery. rooms also come with a desk lamp and there is free wifi. supposedly there is free wired internet in each room, but after almost 9 months im still unable to get that to work, the wifi works fine although gambling and online gaming is banned. ill be leaving for my first sea phase next month so if you have any or other questions fire away.

Comment

Already seen a lot of new starters arriving today

Comment

Yes they do. Quilt, cover and two pillows. If continue to use the supplied sheets and covers they are washed fortnightly.

Comment

How does post work? Do letters and parcels get delivered to the front desk? Are they stored there and the cadet goes down and gets it as & when or is it delivered to the flats?

Comment

Working...
                              X