No announcement yet.

Photos of riverside accommodation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the replies so far, really helpful!

Comment

Whilst all of you lovely helpful people are here, does anyone know if the 11pm curfew is strictly enforced? Not too worried about weekdays but more curious about weekends?
      If anyone has any info my son would be eternally grateful! I'm sure he will find out for himself when he starts but he'd like to know beforehand if possible!

Comment

Originally posted by davedex View Post
        Whilst all of you lovely helpful people are here, does anyone know if the 11pm curfew is strictly enforced? Not too worried about weekdays but more curious about weekends?
        If anyone has any info my son would be eternally grateful! I'm sure he will find out for himself when he starts but he'd like to know beforehand if possible!
        I have asked my son , who is on his second phase at sea now, regarding the curfew. That's what he wrote:

There is absolutely no curfew enforced. Never heard of anything about it either. Weekends I've came through at 5am no problem.
        But there is a search of your baggage for alcohol after visiting the shops. Only proper rule enforced I think the guy would like to know.

Comment

St Lukes are the old halls at the back of the college, Riverside is the new block. The internet is Eduroam which has all the blocks you would expect for an college internet. St Lukes is getting renovated slowly, but is pretty old. Some flats are bad, others aren't so bad.

You'll get a nicer flat in Riverside but the rooms are pretty small, but that balances out because everything is quite nice.

To get into Riverside you have to walk through reception so the guard checks your bags etc, however this isn't really enforced that strictly. The guard at St Lukes has his own little office so he doesn't see (or care) what's coming into your flat.

St Lukes is a little more mixed, you might end up in a flat with Chief/Masters folk, or be the only Brit in a foreign student flat - which isn't a problem but the Chief/Masters tend to like it to be clean (the cheek...) and I've seen some pretty bizarre ways of seeing food kept in the foreign flats... If you're in phase 1 the assignment is probably quite random but in later phases you can request flatmates. In whole, nothing is terrible. Sea ain't great so think of it as a primer!

Comment

Working...
          X