Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing a college

Hello everyone.
    I hope I managed to post this in the relevant section.

So basically I was looking up where to keep studying further after current studies(OOW <500GT).
    I was looking at Warwash;Fleetwood and Cork for now but most of them have limited options for international students,for example the foundation degree in Warwash/Fleetwood is not available for international students.

Would like to hear your feedback and recommendations as I'm sure some of you have some expierence with international students in your colleges.

It depends if you have a sponsor or not, aka, is a shipping company paying for your training? If not then your options in the UK are limited.

I’ve seen many international students studying the foundation degree but they were at college with KOTC etc. Most of the the international students (Indians and guys from Africa primarily) self funded the HNC/HND course, which I believe is available at South Shields, Warsash and Glasgow; I’m not 100% if the other colleges allow it.

It may be worth using this contact form to ask some questions. I used it before when enquiring about second engineers examinations and they were really useful, they’ll respond with the correct person to contact if it’s the wrong section: https://www.stc.ac.uk/form/course-en...20to%20Officer

Comment

Originally posted by agibbs98 View Post
      It depends if you have a sponsor or not, aka, is a shipping company paying for your training? If not then your options in the UK are limited.

I’ve seen many international students studying the foundation degree but they were at college with KOTC etc. Most of the the international students (Indians and guys from Africa primarily) self funded the HNC/HND course, which I believe is available at South Shields, Warsash and Glasgow; I’m not 100% if the other colleges allow it.

It may be worth using this contact form to ask some questions. I used it before when enquiring about second engineers examinations and they were really useful, they’ll respond with the correct person to contact if it’s the wrong section: https://www.stc.ac.uk/form/course-en...20to%20Officer

Thanks,I looked up the site and saw that they also have an foundation degree.I dropped them an email,will see what they say.Somehow I didnt come across South Tyneside College before.

Comment

No problem, let me know if you need any more advice. South Tyneside college is one of the best in the UK for maritime, it's big for UK and international students so might be a good one for you.

Comment

Working...
        X