X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [COMPLETED] Blogroll

Idea!

As anyone who's visited deck-officer will know, there's software out there to convert RSS feeds into posts.

Would it be an idea to perhaps have an individual subforum under the blogroll main forum for each blog, and have blog posts syndicated here? Would be good for Google-ability, internal site search and to keep people on the site rather than leaving to go elsewhere.

Thoughts?!
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Re: Blogroll

does anyone ever read that ****e?!
    Emeritus Admin & Founding Member

Comment

Lots of people exit the site onto the blogs.
      sigpic
      Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Comment

I meant RSS... the Deck-Officer site was ruined by being inundated with RSS news articles that nobody seemed to read.
        Emeritus Admin & Founding Member

Comment

Yeah but the idea here would be that it'd only be from member blogs, and in fairness none of us (size4/me/Alistair etc) blogs all *too* frequently. In effect, when the person writes a blog post, it's also put up as a forum post.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieDelta
            none of us (size4/me/Alistair etc) blogs all *too* frequently.
            Ahem, mmm, sorry, been a bit busy, will get around to finishing off the QM2 stuff at some point!!

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Haha, don't worry, at this rate I'll be on there myself
              sigpic

Comment

Re: [NEED H TO SEE IF DO-ABLE] Blogroll

You will have to remind me to look into this when at college.
                Forum Admin

Comment

Re: [UPDATED] Blogroll

Ok, had a play with this today, alot harder than I had imagined, so far I have managed to get it to display updates from the blogs at the bottom of the index page which I think looks quite smart.
                  Forum Admin

Comment

Working...
                  X