• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dawg
    replied
    Re: Movies and Music on my Hard-drive

Originally posted by Chiefy
    Last year UK Customs searched and seized computer equipment on a vessel anchored down south (Plymouth?) but they where tipped off and looking for child prawn, they found it and the guy was duly done and locked up, was a philapeno crew man)
    I think someone mentioned that the age of consent is lower in the Philippines than most countries (plus they do tend to look rather young for their age because of their ethnic traits in general); so there's maybe a rich seam to mine for the boys in blue. More to the point it's probably best to avoid bringing anything that can contain electronic data on board from most foreign countries, because you never know what might be tucked away on it, and you could end up in a world of hurt without remotely intending to.

Originally posted by Chiefy
    ...they wont stop and search you unless they have a good reason. Which is just as well given how much "stuff" is on my hdd, got all of NCIS for a start
    Ahh the irony.

Leave a comment:

• Chiefy
    replied

Remember we had this talk a while ago about taking lappy's to the middle east.

The USCG (American Coastgaurd) now treat and belive that electronic storage media can and will be treated as luggage and "may" be subjected to random searches. However it is more likely they will only do this is if you are on a watch type list or give them grief or they got out of bed on the wrong side. They site the anti-terrorism laws, claiming the badies can send plans, drawings e=communications on memory sticks, mobile phones etc etc.

Last year UK Customs searched and seized computer equipment on a vessel anchored down south (Plymouth?) but they where tipped off and looking for child prawn, they found it and the guy was duly done and locked up, was a philapeno crew man)

So no they wont as a matter of course, BUT thye do have right to search any and all space on the ship this includes "private" cabins, there are rules though to be followed. This never stops anyone carrying whatever they want on to the ships though, and the reality is they wont stop and search you unless they have a good reason. Which is just as well given how much "stuff" is on my hdd, got all of NCIS for a start

Leave a comment:

• dawg
    replied

They don't have to, they can just ask you to prove that you did =P ...thats what receipts, insurance policies and invoices are for.

Leave a comment:

• bullettoothtony
    replied

Originally posted by McGoober
    Port authorities wont check my hard drive will they, because lets admit people these days dont get music and films 'by the book?
    No mate, unless you've got drugs or firerarms then they don't really care, and evern if they did, how are they gonna prove that your did not purchase the 'media' on your HardDrive legally

Leave a comment:

• McGoober
    started a topic Movies and Music on my Hard-drive

Movies and Music on my Hard-drive

Port authorities wont check my hard drive will they, because lets admit people these days dont get music and films 'by the book?
Working...
X