Tank Familiarisation Short Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Familiarisation Short Course

Got it coming up sometime this or next month. Anyone done it? Is it "death by powerpoint"?
    Thanks

For the love of god, brace yourself. Munch happy pills throughout, and make sure someone takes your belt and shoe laces off you at the end of the first day.

Comment

Take a pillow.

Comment

Hahaha thanks guys

Comment

Just had a direct quote from a cadet who had a rather unfortunate incident:

"I'd rather twist a bollock again than sit through that bloody course."

Draw your own conclusions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys you should count yourselves lucky you aren't in my position!

Did the advanced Oil tanker course last week and have the advanced Gas tanker course this week............. I might possibly be declared insane at the end of it all!.......
            Newly qualified Officer #ClubMember

Comment

I did my Dangerous Cargo Endorsement (Oil & Gas) to my CoC back in the 80's at Great Yarmouth. I thought it was a 2 year course but I was surprised to read on the certificate is was only a 2 week course!

Time flies when you are having fun...........

Ian
              "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
              "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Originally posted by PossibleRecruit View Post
                Got it coming up sometime this or next month. Anyone done it? Is it "death by powerpoint"?
                Thanks

Where are you doing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Inland Pirate View Post
                  Draw your own conclusions...
                  If he sticks with tankers, he is going to enjoy round 2. You need to do another, almost identical, week long course to get the endorsement.

Comment

😫🔫

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Inland Pirate View Post
                      Where are you doing it?
                      My sponsor company.

Comment

Working...
                      X