X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i.am.the.lou
    replied
    Hi,

I just completed my cadetship with Northern marine and I found the on-board training excellent.
    NMM are a part of Stena...
    I have been offered a job, and the majority of cadets do.
    I was only on Ro-Ros and Ro-Pax as a cadet (through choice) and they are allowing me to move to tankers now I have qualified.

Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• SWonder
    replied
    Originally posted by g22 View Post
    Current NMM Engine cadet, due to start phase 2 sometime in March/April.

Have been told by my training officer that I'll be on tanker and when phase 4 rolls around, ill spend a few weeks on a ferry in the Irish Sea, then the remainder off the phase on a Gas Carrier. Quite happy with this to be honest, I think the variation will give me invaluable experience, as a lot of people will serve their cadetships on exclusively 1 type of ship.

In my personal opinion NMM are very good and have been very good to me this far.

Any questions, just ask.
    Hello, I agree NMM are a good sponsor company to get. However you may not be guaranteed to do time on oil and gas tankers. In my class only me and one other boy out of 8 did this. The rest of the lads were purely on oil tankers.
    They will try their best though to give you some varied ship types.

Leave a comment:

• g22
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Polaris
    replied
    Originally posted by PossibleRecruit View Post
    With Northern Marine and got told I'm on the Navigator Gusto. First hand experience anyone?
    The Navigators are a good fleet of newly acquired LPG ex-Maersk ships/new builds, good conditions on board and they are in the process of installing wi-fi onboard, you might have it, possibly not. Generally mixed crew. There's a couple of guys on here I know who have been on the Navigators maybe they can tell you some more.

Leave a comment:

• Leviathan
    replied
    With Northern Marine and got told I'm on the Navigator Gusto. First hand experience anyone?

Leave a comment:

• solman07
    replied
    Wifi? On a ship? Crazy... Im looking forward to it, apparently im joining in the US sometime in February, cant wait to get stuck in.

Leave a comment:

• jcwilson91
    replied
    was on Stena Performance, ships the same. Wifi was decent but depends on the HDG + time of day, gym has enough to work with, table tennis also available.

The ships can roll a lot because of the extra width.

On the whole though they are dead on. Had a decent contract and wouldn't mind going back on another PMAXX.

Leave a comment:

• endure
    replied
    Pass the milk!

Leave a comment:

• solman07
    replied
    I too, can google.. I meant first hand experience.

Leave a comment:

• endure
    replied
    http://www.concordiamaritime.com/en/...ena-President/

Leave a comment:

• solman07
    replied
    Stena President? Anyone had any experience on that?

Leave a comment:

• BoroBoy
    replied
    I don't know which ship yet. I was just asking in general, but I will let you know when I find out

Leave a comment:

• jcwilson91
    replied
    if you tell me what vessel your going on I can tell you if it has internet, get viber on your phone or something, but I regularly use facebook chat to keep in touch.

My advice though, the more time you think about home, trying to stay connected everyday etc, the harder it makes the trip. I just tend to forget about home, write to my friends/mum or who ever once every week or two. My contracts fly in.

Leave a comment:

• EH75
    replied
    I don't think all of their vessels have internet but believe most of the Stena tankers do. Thats just from people I know that work for them.

Leave a comment:

• BoroBoy
    replied
    I also asked because I'm planning on taking something to watch films on- if and when i get free time, so I wanted to know about potential Internet/wifi connection on the ships.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X