No announcement yet.

Has anyone experienced a cadetship with nothern marine management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Northern Marine and got told I'm on the Navigator Gusto. First hand experience anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by PossibleRecruit View Post
      With Northern Marine and got told I'm on the Navigator Gusto. First hand experience anyone?
      The Navigators are a good fleet of newly acquired LPG ex-Maersk ships/new builds, good conditions on board and they are in the process of installing wi-fi onboard, you might have it, possibly not. Generally mixed crew. There's a couple of guys on here I know who have been on the Navigators maybe they can tell you some more.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by g22 View Post
          Current NMM Engine cadet, due to start phase 2 sometime in March/April.

Have been told by my training officer that I'll be on tanker and when phase 4 rolls around, ill spend a few weeks on a ferry in the Irish Sea, then the remainder off the phase on a Gas Carrier. Quite happy with this to be honest, I think the variation will give me invaluable experience, as a lot of people will serve their cadetships on exclusively 1 type of ship.

In my personal opinion NMM are very good and have been very good to me this far.

Any questions, just ask.
          Hello, I agree NMM are a good sponsor company to get. However you may not be guaranteed to do time on oil and gas tankers. In my class only me and one other boy out of 8 did this. The rest of the lads were purely on oil tankers.
          They will try their best though to give you some varied ship types.
          Newly qualified Officer #ClubMember

Comment

Hi,

I just completed my cadetship with Northern marine and I found the on-board training excellent.
            NMM are a part of Stena...
            I have been offered a job, and the majority of cadets do.
            I was only on Ro-Ros and Ro-Pax as a cadet (through choice) and they are allowing me to move to tankers now I have qualified.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
            X