No announcement yet.

Has anyone experienced a cadetship with nothern marine management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're lucky you won't have to share :-)
    io parlo morse

Comment

Originally posted by Mo93 View Post
      Hello folks
      Just quick question for those who are working with Stena or NMM.
      Does these companies trains people from the UK ?I mean students who are living in the UK but they are not BRITISH OR are not permanent UK residents and are not EU citizens?have you heard anything like that?
      Just i am wandering whether they accept students or cadets who are not eligible for UK SMarT funding.

Thank you in advance
      Mo
      Hi mate, I'm with NMM but unfortunately I don't really have an answer for you. Your best bet would be to contact them and ask. Currently in terms of UK cadet hires, they come through Clyde marine training and do need to be eligible for Smart funding as far as I'm aware. NMM do operate cadet training schemes in other countries.
      Newly qualified Officer #ClubMember

Comment

Originally posted by BoroBoy View Post
        Hi,
        I'm a cadet with CalMac / NMM and I'm due to start Phase 2 in a few weeks. I was just wondering if anyone could give me any information on what the accommodation is like on board the ships?
        I realise that it varies from ship to ship but any information would be appreciated.
        Hi,

You've hit the nail on the head, it certainly does differ from ship to ship. However, during my cadetship I served on a pmax and an LPG tanker. The accommodation was excellent and I had a cabin to myself. I haven't heard of anyone on a NMM ship who has shared a cabin on tankers although it may be possible on a ferry.
        The accommodation on my previous ships consisted of a 3/4 size style double bed and a day bed (sofa), a large desk with a set of 3 drawers built in. A computer chair, shelves and a bookcase style bit of furniture. Decent bathroom, wet room style with shower, lav etc. On the pmax I also had a small fridge in my cabin and a carpeted floor which wasn't present on the second ship. Also had a large wardrobe for hanging up clothes, a couple of pegs near the door...can't think of much else! Any other questions fire away!
        Newly qualified Officer #ClubMember

Comment

Hi, I'm just waiting to join my first ship and I was just wondering if there was any Internet on Northen Marines ships as I'm thinking about what I can take to contact home, etc.
          Any information would be great.

Comment

A pen and paper always worked for me...
            io parlo morse

Comment

I also asked because I'm planning on taking something to watch films on- if and when i get free time, so I wanted to know about potential Internet/wifi connection on the ships.

Comment

I don't think all of their vessels have internet but believe most of the Stena tankers do. Thats just from people I know that work for them.

Comment

if you tell me what vessel your going on I can tell you if it has internet, get viber on your phone or something, but I regularly use facebook chat to keep in touch.

My advice though, the more time you think about home, trying to stay connected everyday etc, the harder it makes the trip. I just tend to forget about home, write to my friends/mum or who ever once every week or two. My contracts fly in.
                  "My Job"

It's not my place to run the boat
                  the fog horn I can't blow.

It's not my place to say just where
                  the boat's allowed to go

It's not my right to dock the boat
                  or even clang the bell

But let the damn thing
                  start to sink AND SEE WHO CATCHES HELL!

Comment

I don't know which ship yet. I was just asking in general, but I will let you know when I find out

Comment

Stena President? Anyone had any experience on that?
                      Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today.

Comment

http://www.concordiamaritime.com/en/...ena-President/
                        io parlo morse

Comment

I too, can google.. I meant first hand experience.

Comment

Pass the milk!
                            io parlo morse

Comment

was on Stena Performance, ships the same. Wifi was decent but depends on the HDG + time of day, gym has enough to work with, table tennis also available.

The ships can roll a lot because of the extra width.

On the whole though they are dead on. Had a decent contract and wouldn't mind going back on another PMAXX.
                              "My Job"

It's not my place to run the boat
                              the fog horn I can't blow.

It's not my place to say just where
                              the boat's allowed to go

It's not my right to dock the boat
                              or even clang the bell

But let the damn thing
                              start to sink AND SEE WHO CATCHES HELL!

Comment

Wifi? On a ship? Crazy... Im looking forward to it, apparently im joining in the US sometime in February, cant wait to get stuck in.

Comment

Working...
                                X