X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trooper96
    • September 2014

Question about being at sea

Ok so I think I already know the answer to this but I just want to make sure. I'm starting my HND engine course in Jan 2015 with MEF at Fleetwood. I understand that I will have to pay for my own accommodation/food etc during college phases, however, what happens when it comes to the sea phase? Will I still have to pay rent or do most people move out during sea phases? Just curious as it would be nice coming back from the first sea phase with a nice amount in the bank.
  • zuluonezero
    • May 2013

As far as I'm aware, you'll move out of the college and back home for your sea phase, so you shouldn't have to pay any rent/food.
    Ex-South Shields Cadet

Currently trying to pass exams...

Follow me on Instagram if you like pictures of coffee, bay plans and Jotun paint : @jacobontheground

Comment

• Clanky
      • January 2011

Yeah, you usually move out of your accomodation during sea phases.
      Go out, do stuff

Comment

• The Kraken
        • September 2013

Yep you will move back home at the start of you're first sea phase while you await you're ship joining instructions. Be aware that some companies run a policy of a reduced amount of pay at sea, I can't speak for MEF but my company sea phase pay was about half of my college sea phase pay.

Comment

• Lewis
          • December 2010

Just to be aware if you hate your family you can put your stuff wherever you like when your at sea :-P

Comment

• bahco
            • October 2013

Pis the room reserved for you when you return from sea phase

thanks

robert
            Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Comment

• alistairuk
              • March 2010

Originally posted by therookie101 View Post
              Pis the room reserved for you when you return from sea phase

thanks

robert
              If you've requested it yes
              ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
              myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Working...
              X