Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seamans baggage

Hi

Does anyone know if the airline Lufthansa has seamans baggage allowance? Can't seem to find anything.

Cheers
    Bottom of the pile.

Yes, if you have booked a seafarers ticket and have a valid discharge book.
    They told me I was gullible and I believed them.

https://twitter.com/ASFrance

Instagram: ASFrance

Comment

The seaman baggage allowance is not a generous privilege provided by airlines to passengers who merely show a discharge book, it doesn't work that way. SEMN (seaman) tickets are type of fare that shipping companies pay a considerable premium for, however in return are provided fully flexible conditions such as changes/cancellations/refunds and a variety of other aspects, but normally also offer an increased baggage allowance, but this is only if the company have booked you into that type of fare. Also, if your itinerary involves a flight in a smaller aircraft (occasionally including the Dash 8 or Jetstream ) such as Eastern Airways, no matter what ticket you are on the flight might not offer increased baggage.
      Ok, so confused? Yep, the only way to know for sure is by either checking your booking on the 'manage my booking' section of the airline website, checkmytrip/view trip website or calling the airline (the latter answer might depend in whether the airline agent understands what is going on).
      Oh, and if your companies policy states that you get a specific baggage allowance, but your ticket doesn't give that, you may be able to submit the excess baggage receipts for reimbursing.

Comment

Also be aware of what happened to me. I checked with my company what baggage allowance I had for my flight home but when I got to the airport they said I didn't have that on the booking

Comment

Thanks I ended up ringing them in the end. They allow two 23kg bags if you're flying anywhere but USA and Canada. I'm flying to Canada so a bit unlucky because I have a seamans ticket.
          Bottom of the pile.

Comment

What do they allow you to North America?
            'Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans'

Comment

On my last flight home I wasn't able to check in till I took 100 grams out my bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
                On my last flight home I wasn't able to check in till I took 100 grams out my bag.

What airline was that with?
                io parlo morse

Comment

Klm

Comment

Another one to cross off my list :-)
                    io parlo morse

Comment

Working...
                    X