Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ardmore Shipping

Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone has any experience with Ardmore shipping? Never really heard cadets mention them. I have been told I will be going on one of their tankers this summer as part of my second sea phase. I also have to get a Marshall Islands discharge book, hopefully il get my sea time stamped in both, but not too sure how having 2 discharge books works.

any info would be appreciated
    cheers

Thread resurrection!

Wondering if anyone has learnt anything new about them, or a newer member has had dealings?

Getting plonked on one for my first trip, not sure which one yet though. Does anyone know anything about Thome Ship management either?

And finally, what's the reasoning behind getting a Marshall Islands discharge book?

Comment

Some flag states require you to have their own discharge book, the reason I have no idea. Obviously something in their legislation. I have both a British and a Dutch Discharge book from my first trip as a 3rd mate on a Netherlands registered vessel.

Just get both (Your British and Marshall Island) Discharge books filled out by the Captain.

As for the companies above, I have no idea about them.

Hope the above helps =)
      Maersk Line

3rd Officer & Cadet Training Officer on the side.

Comment

Are Cadets supposed to get their discharge book stamped? I was under the impression that was the point of the sea service record in the TRB?
        Anglo-Eastern Cadet sponsored by DAO Shipping. I also like steam engines.

Comment

Originally posted by KeiranNewberry View Post
          Are Cadets supposed to get their discharge book stamped? I was under the impression that was the point of the sea service record in the TRB?
          Simple answer is yes you must get your discharge book stamped, in addition to the TRB.
          "If the wind will not serve,take to the oars."
          Destitutus ventis, remos adhibe

Latin Proverb

Comment

Your discharge book is a record of your time at sea from your first trip to your last.
            io parlo morse

Comment

[QUOTE=Inland Pirate;89757]Getting plonked on one for my first trip, not sure which one yet though. Does anyone know anything about Thome Ship management either?
              /QUOTE]

Thome are 3rd party ship management company based out of Singapore.

How on earth did you wind up with them? Who's your sponsor?
              I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Trinity House/Chiltern Maritime. Should I be nervous?

Comment

Originally posted by Inland Pirate View Post
                  Trinity House/Chiltern Maritime. Should I be nervous?
                  Nope. Good outfit from what I've heard.

Have they said what ship you're going on?

Comment

Not yet, think that'll probably be revealed sometime in January. Been picking out which ships have a route/area that I would fancy!

Comment

Originally posted by Inland Pirate View Post
                      Not yet, think that'll probably be revealed sometime in January. Been picking out which ships have a route/area that I would fancy!
                      Well, do let us know which one you're joining....

Comment

Hi Guys,

I was a Trinity House cadet and sailed on Ardmore Seafarer as cadet back in 2013. It was the best ship of my cadetship. Learnt alot. When I was onboard it was Venezuelan Officers and Indonesian crew.

About the discharge book, you must ensure you get your MCA book stamped on all vessels you sail on, and also get your Marshall Islands book stamped to.

Any more questions, drop me an email and I will gladly help.

Cheers

Brian

Comment

What was it like on board for Internet? Socially? Did you get a lot f time on bridge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Internet was non-existent when I was there, they were talking about installing something so it might have changed by now. Ye its all bridge time you get. But then again, that depends on your C/O and Capt.

If you are Trinity cadet, I suggest you put together your own training plan for each ship so you can go to the chief and say you want to get X,Y,Z covered on your time onboard. It was my last trip so i was just finishing off my TRB but wanted to concentrate on cargo work as I hadnt done much oil before.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
                              Well, do let us know which one you're joining....
                              Think it got buried elsewhere, but I'm in theory on the Ardmore Seaventure from 5thFebruary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X