What are potential hazards at sea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by size4riggerboots View Post
    Ok, just to bring this back to topic - what do YOU perceive as the GREATEST danger on ship? I know my answer, but I'm going to hold back for a bit....
    Could you pm me ? Thanks
    The games are always, repeat, always, being played. But nobody plays the games like me. You just have to be the best.. And I usually am. Same rules apply.

Comment

That would be cheating, surely?

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Personally I dislike the following in terms of my perceived risk:

1. Enclosed spaces (probably because I'm slightly claustrophobic)
        2. Lifeboats - would you go in a elevator with no safety brakes, one wire - where that wire had been outside for 5 years being eaten alive by sea air? exactly.
        3. Mooring Decks - this depends on the size of ship, big ships are worse.
        4. Loading heavy things on deck when you are standing near the lift.
        5. Working aloft.
        6. Being expected to put out a bloody big fire / plug a hole.
        7. Working with Italians.
        Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

Originally posted by size4riggerboots View Post
          That would be cheating, surely?
          Haha nah it's not regarding this
          The games are always, repeat, always, being played. But nobody plays the games like me. You just have to be the best.. And I usually am. Same rules apply.

Comment

I enjoy working aloft. must have a death wish or something
            Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Ref no 7
              What's wrong with Italians?
              I know they do a lot of shouting and waving arms and get a bit over excited at times. I used to ride a horse for an Italian family for a number of years. There was a lot of shouting but often not about anything serious lol. They do design beautiful things though, as long as you don't mind them falling apart a bit quicker than normal, I'm thinking cars..on the falling apart.
              They always seem very friendly and welcoming and thge food is fab too.

Comment

Shouting, waving arms and getting over excited (as you have very well pointed out) does not belong on the bridge of a ship....
                Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

Originally posted by HolyNougat View Post
                  Shouting, waving arms and getting over excited (as you have very well pointed out) does not belong on the bridge of a ship....
                  They do that there too do they ! Mmm I can see why their not your favourite then lol

I have seen that kind of stuff on yachts racing when its all gone a bit tits up so to speak and times when its normal.
                  Luckily I sailed with a very calm skip, who didn't do all that shouty stuff, grinds his teeth instead, keeps his crews and he wins. Says something I think.

Comment

Working...
                  X