X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeckLiam
    • November 2013

British Marine PLC

Hi all, I just found out, the other day, that my sponsoring company is British Marine PLC and was wondering whether anyone has been with them before and what they are like?
  • JonathanI
    • May 2010

Originally posted by DeckLiam View Post
    Hi all, I just found out, the other day, that my sponsoring company is British Marine PLC and was wondering whether anyone has been with them before and what they are like?
    On of the guys in my class were with them. Seen like a good company they operate bulkers worldwide.

Comment

• scotty_2410
      • March 2013

Originally posted by DeckLiam View Post
      I am with British Marine, I have just finished Phase 1 and am waiting to go to sea for my first trip with them, but I have spoken to others who have been with already! Send me a PM with any questions you have!
      Twitter: Scotty_2410

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
      William Arthur Ward

Comment

• samsezhi
        • February 2013

My housemate is with British Marine and he has told me they work you hard from the moment you get on the ship. Also the crews are Indian so expect to eat Indian food but not the sort we get over here. They also gave him 2 days notice to join the ship and took him off the ship 2 weeks late for college. But not sure if that was them or Clyde's fault. He seemed to have a good experience and he is still here on the course and looking forward to phase 4 next month.

Comment

• DeckLiam
          • November 2013

We'll I guess that's good that you are worked hard does your house mate know if there are any English speaking officers

Comment

• samsezhi
            • February 2013

I'll get him to give you the low down tonight.

Comment

• tommysevenfold
              • March 2012

Hi DeckLiam. I'm said housemate. Yeah, all of the officers are english speaking, which is standard for the industry anyway, but you're likely to get Indian or Ukrainian nationality Officers. I spent 5 months on Clementine and didnt have any problems as such and you're likely to have a good time and get a lot of stuff done and go to some rather interesting places.
              If you have any more questions, feel free to drop me an inbox and i'll do my best to answer them for you
              "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
              -- William Arthur War

Twitter - @tommisevenfold

Comment

• DeckLiam
                • November 2013

Cheers tommysevenfoldI will probably have some question in the near future, i'll ask you when i do

Comment

Working...
                X