No announcement yet.

CMT Sponsors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nobody in my class had the misfortune of zodiac, I'm a rci cadet apparently the only deck one from the intake, sept '12, all depends on your staff capt, i had a great one who gave me the run of the ship and on a few occasions his drinks card the ships are ridiculous even to a fellow seafarer.

next ship i'm doing a 4 month stint on and visiting 35 different ports over 4 months... can't complain.

Comment

Can anyone tell me about the best sponsors CMT have to offer for deep sea shipping?
      Any knowledge of past experience would be helpful.
      Thanks
      Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chevron are probably the best, no past experiences but I've heard really good things about them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

If I get offered sponsorship I think my 3 choices will be

1. Subsea 7
          2. Chevron
          3. Calmac (dont know who does there deep sea trips but on CMT's site its 4 month approx)

I'd look into Subsea 7 from what I've read they look great for deep sea trips and seem to be a good employer.

Comment

Cal-Mac's deep sea trips are operated by Northern Marine Management who manage Stena Ships and a few other companies vessels.

I can vouch for Cal-Mac being a great sponsor even though I have never set foot on one of their ferry's!

SubSea 7 apparently do a lot of work in the North Sea and also in other places around the world, offshore work and interesting line of business if that's your thing.

Chevron are one of the big "Oil Majors" and I have heard good things about them although I'm not sure about their working day, I'm sure somebody told me it once and it sounded longer/earlier start than a lot of other companies. They work alongside Northern Marine Management and actually have an office within NMM's main building.
            Newly qualified Officer #ClubMember

Comment

I put down P&O as my first. Then DFDS and finally CalMac as my 3rd

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
              Dont just dream, Go and do it!!

Comment

Hi there, I put down DFDS second and CalMac third. But I put RCI first. It was definitely a waste of an option.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

I knew I wouldn't stand a chance with RCI so went for P&O

Comment

I chose Chevron, Northern Marine Management and Knutsen OAS. I found out yesterday that my sponsor is Serco Northlink, I'm not disappointed though. I know that the guys with Calmac get a deep sea phase but not sure about Serco Northlink, I asked my training officer and he doesn't think i will.

I probably wont get to see a bit of the world like i was hoping but hopefully i will get the same qualification at the end of it and i'm certainly going to make the most of what i get.

Comment

Did anyone that applied for CMT get the email about being kept on file for Sept 14 until they have confirmed recruitment requirements before being for sponsorship? :/

Comment

I got offered January but couldn't take it as was far too short notice (4/5 Days). So they said I too would be kept on file for September 14. Got a phone call the week later offering me September. Solman was in exactly the same spot too. He has been accepted too.

Comment

Hopefully I should hear some (good) news soon! I'm starting to get abit anxious haha

Comment

Nothing wrong with swinging them an email or a phone call mate

Comment

Yeah suppose will phone up tomorrow to see if theres any updates, atleast it shows im keen

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                                X