Cabins on seaphase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabins on seaphase

Just wondering but what are the cabins like on ship? I know it varies but not including passenger vessels am I likely to have my own cabin ? Like on bulk carriers and LNG's I know it's usually a cabin you get to yourself, decent space, desk to the left, couch infront of you, en-suite to the right of the door then bed to the side of the couch.

Just wondering if this is the case for most ships.

Originally posted by kirky1122 View Post
    Just wondering but what are the cabins like on ship? I know it varies but not including passenger vessels am I likely to have my own cabin ? Like on bulk carriers and LNG's I know it's usually a cabin you get to yourself, decent space, desk to the left, couch infront of you, en-suite to the right of the door then bed to the side of the couch.

Just wondering if this is the case for most ships.
    3 out of four ships I had my own cabin last one I had to share with an engine cadet. As you say it does vary but do be prepared to share if not enough cabins are available

Comment

http://www.patrix.dk/DSC01765.jpg that's a fairly typicl cabin I would say

Comment

Originally posted by Martyboy View Post
        http://www.patrix.dk/DSC01765.jpg that's a fairly typicl cabin I would say
        Wow you got carpets ha I would say that's a luxury cabin hahahah

Comment

That's a standard Maersk Cabin I'd say. I'll try use my technical wizzardry to put up a pic of my last cabin

Comment

Can't get it to sit nice in the thing, but https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...25114061_n.jpg heres a panoramic pic of it

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385600909.382726.jpg I found one of one of my ships

Comment

Least you made your bed for yours :P

Comment

Originally posted by Martyboy View Post
                  Least you made your bed for yours :P
                  Haha lol aye glad you noticed ! Ha we never had the luxury of duvets just ****ty paper thin blankets !

Comment

Would you bring the stereo aboard yourself? Would have thought that would take up a lot of room / weight when packing?

Comment

Defiantly take speakers of you can, alway used my room mates, when he left it was hell haha.

Comment

I plan on taking my nespresso! its heavy but i cannot live without real coffee! I have awesome speakers but are a pain in the arse to take away with me!
                        http://pinkscampi.wordpress.com/

Comment

Taking a nespresso is insanity. Get yourself a cafetiere or an aeropress, a lot easier (and lighter) to transport. Of course depending on what company you are with there might be a distinct lack of decent milk which could ruin your coffee enjoyment regardless (unless you like it black).

Comment

Originally posted by EH75 View Post
                            Taking a nespresso is insanity. Get yourself a cafetiere or an aeropress, a lot easier (and lighter) to transport. Of course depending on what company you are with there might be a distinct lack of decent milk which could ruin your coffee enjoyment regardless (unless you like it black).
                            Yeh get used to long life milk basically cream !

Comment

We didn't even get that most of the time. Just coffee mate. Not really the same. Although I don't mind black coffee so I was fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X