Accomodation Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accomodation Help!

Hi guys, I'm fairly new here and have been offered a placement with Clyde Marine in January 2014 but there is no accommodation left at the Fleetwood halls facility apparently. Just hoping someone can suggest nearby places to stay or has a spare room available. Also wondering if anyone else is having a similar problem?
    Any help is appreciated.

As previously stated - have my room! I'd love an excuse to find somewhere else to live.
    'Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans'

Comment

Have you got accommodation in the halls then ?

Comment

I've not been told I haven't so I presume that I have

Comment

When the halls have been over booked previously the College have sorted out accommodation for people and just sent them to it on moving in day. Have they actually said you need to sort it out yourself? If you do have to sort it yourself then the College has/had an "approved" landlord list and there's also this website: http://fleetwoodnauticalaccommodation.co.uk/ <-- Lots of (people myself included) rent from them as you're essentially renting a room on a weekly basis, not a whole house

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
            When the halls have been over booked previously the College have sorted out accommodation for people and just sent them to it on moving in day. Have they actually said you need to sort it out yourself? If you do have to sort it yourself then the College has/had an "approved" landlord list and there's also this website: http://fleetwoodnauticalaccommodation.co.uk/ <-- Lots of (people myself included) rent from them as you're essentially renting a room on a weekly basis, not a whole house
            Yeah I thought I was going to be allocated a room but it doesn't seem that way as I e-mailed Clyde Marine today and they said I needed to sort it out. Then I called up and asked if there was space and was told there wasn't. I am going to call up again though to check as I have found a different number to the one that I called today. I have been on that website, I think I will most likely be renting from them. Are you renting with others you are on the same course as or is it more a lodging situation ?

Comment

Right, I got it sorted. I spoke to the wrong person yesterday on the phone and as expected by myself and others on here I have a place reserved. They did also say they would get in contact with us soonish. Panic over haha

Comment

Rubbish. Thought I'd got away with it then

Comment

Working...
                X