No announcement yet.

What should I ask Father Christmas for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I ask Father Christmas for?

Evening all,

Apparently there is no such thing as a silly question so:

Being asked by my parents what I would like from them for Christmas. With my first sea phase at the end of January I wonder what you guys would recommend me getting (whilst it's at someone else's expense )?

Have you looked at Hatchorders what to take to sea list? Lots of big things and little things on there. I'm sure everyone will come along with a host of ideas!

Comment

Get the new PSP thingy , its a portable ggaming system something to do in your spare time at sea also easy to carry around !

Comment

If you don't already have one and even remotely enjoy reading, get a Kindle. Good way to pass the time on board when you get bored of watching films (and doing work of course!).

Comment

Originally posted by EH75 View Post
          If you don't already have one and even remotely enjoy reading, get a Kindle. Good way to pass the time on board when you get bored of watching films (and doing work of course!).
          Get a tablet, preferably an android one and then download the kindle app....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 4
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Thats always an option although I prefer the Kindle's more paper-like display compared to a backlit tablet. Having said that the only tablet I've ever mucked around with is an ipad and that was one of the older ones so not sure how the newer ones deal with it. Personal preference I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by EH75 View Post
              Thats always an option although I prefer the Kindle's more paper-like display compared to a backlit tablet. Having said that the only tablet I've ever mucked around with is an ipad and that was one of the older ones so not sure how the newer ones deal with it. Personal preference I guess.
              Definitely, i just suggested a tablet because you can do more than nust read books on them....
              I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

they also cost a lot more. Are their extra functions that much use at sea without internet? Assuming you have a laptop of course

Comment

Nice pair of Ray Ban aviators

Comment

They have just released a new upgraded version of the Kindle Paperwhite for ?109, they are really great items, far easier on the eye to read that on a conventional laptop tablet screen.

There are backlit Nooks you can get for cheaper that do a similar job but maybe not as good.

Comment

For me, the key difference between an e-book reader and a tablet computer (for the purpose of reading) is the battery life. And then the tablet isn't even in the competition.

Comment

Kindle with 3g can get basic internet in any port I've ever been too.

if no this:
                        http://www.officercadet.com/showthre...-Line-Triple-E

Comment

The Triple E lego set for me please...and a new Kindle.....got Droid Tablet spookily same one as GM

Oh and if the company are reading....some Amazon Vouchers wouldnt go amiss ;-)
                          Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
                          Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
                          No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
                            Kindle with 3g can get basic internet in any port I've ever been too.
                            Depends where you trade: http://client0.cellmaps.com/viewer_de.html

Comment

It worked in Algeria so I assumed would work pretty much everywhere. If you want one get a second hand one from CEX or cash converters save you about a hundred quid you can spend on booze.

Comment

Working...
                              X