Warsash Open Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warsash Open Day?

As some of you may know, there is an open day at warsash sometime this January. I will be attending as I am applying for September 2014 intake. So.. I was just wondering about some things :P

1) I get that there will be different representatives from some of the different companies. Will they be employed officers, current students or what? I'd like to prepare a few questions to ask them depending on what their position is.
    2) Is there anything I can say/do to make an impression?
    3) Will I get the opportunity to see accommodation?

Thanks for reading! I'm really excited about this open day

Originally posted by Surfer Girl View Post
    As some of you may know, there is an open day at warsash sometime this January. I will be attending as I am applying for September 2014 intake. So.. I was just wondering about some things :P

1) I get that there will be different representatives from some of the different companies. Will they be employed officers, current students or what? I'd like to prepare a few questions to ask them depending on what their position is.
    2) Is there anything I can say/do to make an impression?
    3) Will I get the opportunity to see accommodation?

Thanks for reading! I'm really excited about this open day
    Normally representatives from the majority of the companies turn up to speak to potential applicants with some interviewing / accepting applications on the day.

WMA & some of the companies normally rope a number of current cadets into attending / being tour guides for the day so you will also have a chance to speak to some of them and see around the college.
    ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Originally posted by alistairuk View Post
      Normally representatives from the majority of the companies turn up to speak to potential applicants with some interviewing / accepting applications on the day.

WMA & some of the companies normally rope a number of current cadets into attending / being tour guides for the day so you will also have a chance to speak to some of them and see around the college.
      So I can actually be accepted for a cadetship while I'm there? Sounds good! Is it usually only the unpopular, desperate companies or some of the decent ones as well as that tend to do this? Because this idea sounds a lot better than applying online to a gazillion different places :/

Comment

Most companies go to them. Maersk asked us to go to one at South Tyneside college a while back, but I don't really do Saturday mornings so I never went. I hear it was a good day though I don't know if you be accepted for a cadetship on the day or if they'd just interview you/ accept your application form. Sure you've read the website but it says you can expect:

Anglo-Eastern (UK) LtdOpen-day-WMA-June-2012
        Bibby Ship Management (Western Europe) Ltd

BP Maritime Services
        Carnival UK
        Carisbrooke Shipping
        Chiltern Maritime
        Clyde Marine Training
        Maersk Crewing Ltd
        Princess Cruises
        Royal Fleet Auxiliary
        Shell Ship Management Ltd
        Ship Safe Training Group
        Viking Recruitment
        Warsash Superyacht Academy
        wilsonhalligan

Comment

http://www.warsashacademy.co.uk/news...open-days.aspx infact, just read that whole thing as that seems to answer the majority of your questions

Comment

I must have overlooked that... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Girl View Post
              So I can actually be accepted for a cadetship while I'm there? Sounds good! Is it usually only the unpopular, desperate companies or some of the decent ones as well as that tend to do this? Because this idea sounds a lot better than applying online to a gazillion different places :/
              I would suggest applying before hand.
              ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
              myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Working...
              X