Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latsco London

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Latsco London

    Been given them as a sponsoring company and its near enough impossible to find anything about them.andyone else have any info on them for example crew,locations they cover,ships,internet acess etc

  • #2
    Search function on here has some info on Latsco if you haven't looked.

    Comment


    • #3
      Mostly Tankers , LNG LPG ships. They are Greek owned but Filipino crew onboard. I'm pretty sure they don't employ British Officers as the guy I knew who was with them is now with the RFA.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bobofinga View Post
        the guy I knew who was with them is now with the RFA.
        Poor sod....
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

        All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

        Comment


        • #5
          get off my thread ya whalloper!cluttering it upwith pointless ****e

          Comment


          • #6
            You'll really go far in the industry haha

            Comment


            • #7
              Haha that's a bit much.

              Anyway on topic I know a couple of guys with Latsco. Pretty much what Bobofinga said, only to add I'm pretty sure there is no internet on board and almost certain they don't employ British officers so you won't get a job at the end of it. Guys I know went all over the world. USA, Med, West Africa, Far East...

              Comment


              • #8


                Anywho, Latsco. Greek owned, mostly gas ships and product carriers (so tankers), ships are relatively new but a few oldies among them, internet may be a possibility but cannot guarantee, most crew Filipino from what I hear, worldwide trade, I think they're just owners and not managers so you may wind up working on one of their vessels with a different company name. Vessel's are fairly well run as they've had no detentions in the last 3 years, however their fleet profile says only 90% of vessels under an IACS member, no idea where the other 10% has slinked off to as it's the first time I've seen it.

                Anything else?
                I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

                All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thank you,just out of curiosity if im definately not going to be offered a job then what would be the reason to sponsor cadets?also any idea of the length of each trip considering i have to get at least 8 months seatime?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    A lot of companies get cadets as they get a big tax reduction! Think only your company can answer that second one most people get two-four months second phase then the rest fourth phase.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Like Bulman says , they take cadets to save money on tax.

                      I think you will do around two 4/5 month trips.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X