LJMU questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJMU questions

Is Liverpool John Moores a good college to go to for the HNC/HND course?

They only do the FD/BSC route.

Comment

Oh, I have asked someone and they told me they do them?

Comment

They accredit the course in Fleetwood. I went there for my undergrad degree and spoke to a few of the teaching staff in the nautical department, they said they only do deck fd there. And the top up bsc

Comment

I don't know much about it, I know someone who attended LJMU and as it wasn't a nautical college, they didn't get the time off for short courses etc and had to do them in the holiday period before sea I go to Shields college myself so not really too sure how it all works over there.

Comment

LJMU courses!

Is there a course at LJMU that doesn't require to have done A-levels to join? If not, which colleges would it be possible to go to without doing A-levels?

Comment

Mod Note - similar threads merged: please don't post multiple threads when asking questions on the same subject, you'll get a much better conversation going if you keep it all together

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Originally posted by Megrow98 View Post
                Is there a course at LJMU that doesn't require to have done A-levels to join? If not, which colleges would it be possible to go to without doing A-levels?
                Well you can get onto the HNC/D course at any college with GCSE's

Comment

To be honest..... You don't really get the choice of which college you attend or which route you do, your sponsoring company will decide. You can certainly make a request, and I imagine if they can do it, they will, but I wasn't given a choice

Comment

Originally posted by HarmlessWeasel View Post
                    Well you can get onto the HNC/D course at any college with GCSE's
                    Moose said before that they don't do this route? He said that they only do the FD/BSc route?

Comment

That's probably true. But other colleges do. South Shields, Warsash, Glasgow and Fleetwood

Comment

Ok thanks. If they don't do the HNC/HND route then I will have to leave it until I'm a bit older and done my A-levels as I live in north Wales and all the other colleges are too far to travel too every day :'(

Comment

Is there a particular reason to remain at home? As a cadet you'll be paid a living allowance which should (theoretically) cover everything including accommodation and food, and at least some of the colleges *require* you to live on campus for at least some time, even if you live just down the road.

Comment

The wages aren't THAT much, you'd certainly be more financially comfortable staying at home.

Having said that I stayed in halls/flats throughout my cadetship and had a great time. I would definitely recommend it especially in phase one because it's great for meeting people and also for helping each other out with studying etc. Was great for doing orals prep with each other in final phase also.

Comment

I don't particularly want to leave home as soon as I finish school, I would've just turned 16 a couple of weeks before! I will be fine when onboard the ships, but I don't think I'm ready to have my own house and move away full time after just turning 16.

Comment

Working...
                              X