any cma cadets joining ship soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any cma cadets joining ship soon?

Have been given a provisional date for joining cmacgm thalassa on the 16th but haven't been given any other details (ie. crew lists), so have no idea if im going to be the only english dude onboard.

any other cma guys waiting around for sea time?
    Sent using advanced stick technology.

Originally posted by turnbats View Post
    Have been given a provisional date for joining cmacgm thalassa on the 16th but haven't been given any other details (ie. crew lists), so have no idea if im going to be the only english dude onboard.
    Crew lists? CREW LISTS!? Who the hells gonna send anyone, let alone a cadet, a crew list before they join? When you join a ship, you get a date, a location and a plane ticket. If you're really lucky, and you ask the office nicely, you might get an idea of the schedule.

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

schedules should be on the internetty thing....cma.com or similar :-) like maerskline.com but for for cma

Crew lists can be hard to get even internally, my boat STILL isnt on the crew list distribution list or for that matter as having any crew
      Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
      Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
      No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

My company was quite good at giving out crew lists during my cadetship actually. In any case if you email your company training officer they might be able to give you the names of any other UK cadets you will be on with.

Comment

Blimey! Well, there we go...

Size4riggerboots

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefy View Post
            schedules should be on the internetty thing....cma.com or similar :-) like maerskline.com but for for cma

Crew lists can be hard to get even internally, my boat STILL isnt on the crew list distribution list or for that matter as having any crew
            Don't you have electronic crew lists or email a crew list to your crewing manager?
            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

it's automatic but we arent on the list despite several attempts to get on the list..........however it can be got by asking another ship to send it on
              Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
              Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
              No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Originally posted by size4riggerboots View Post
                Crew lists? CREW LISTS!? Who the hells gonna send anyone, let alone a cadet, a crew list before they join? When you join a ship, you get a date, a location and a plane ticket. If you're really lucky, and you ask the office nicely, you might get an idea of the schedule.
                Thanks for the condescending reply. I Don't know what warranted that, but is exactly the type of post that normally makes me stay clear of forums.

Normally I get details at least 2 weeks prior to joining - including a crew list. But this hasn't happened this time so was just seeing if there other cma guys about that might be in the same position.

sheeeesh :P
                Sent using advanced stick technology.

Comment

Thanks for the condescending reply. I Don't know what warranted that, but is exactly the type of post that normally makes me stay clear of forums.

Normally I get details at least 2 weeks prior to joining - including a crew list. But this hasn't happened this time so was just seeing if there other cma guys about that might be in the same position.

Well you know who I am! What's even better is that this was my last ship! I will talk to you on Facebook about it later.
                  "Knowledge is gained through experience and experience is just another name for our mistakes" - Albert Einstein/Oscar Wilde
                  "Choose a career that you really enjoy and you will never have to work a single day in life."

Experience with Container, General Cargo and Cruise vessels.

Comment

Wow, I'm sorry, I certainly didn't intend to cause offence. I've never heard of anyone being sent a crew list before and was rather surprised that anyone would expect one. It was meant in a friendly banter tone, but alas, the typed word is not the best medium for that. My bad.

Size4riggerboots

Comment

When I joined this vessel, I was given a crew list - it was a nice idea. I was expecting it for the vessel I am joining now, but I did not get anything. I thought it was normal.
                      "Knowledge is gained through experience and experience is just another name for our mistakes" - Albert Einstein/Oscar Wilde
                      "Choose a career that you really enjoy and you will never have to work a single day in life."

Experience with Container, General Cargo and Cruise vessels.

Comment

Working...
                      X