Sea Phase Testimonials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Phase Testimonials

Currently doing my cadetship on a ferry with usual rotation of 6/2, so I'm getting a bit confused on the Testimonial page of the TRB. All the officer signatures are on the 'first ship' section, as this is my first ship. I've done 3 trips all together in this sea phase and this will be my last one, signing off on Wednesday. I've put the individual trips in the sea time section signed off by my DSTO, but I'm only doing one testimonial, as it states 'first ship', not first trip. Would also mean I'd have to get officers to sign the three different pages with their COC details on, seems a bit ridiculous classing it as 3 different ships when I'm doing my service on the same ship, with 2 weeks leave in between. I've indicated my leave on the one testimonial, rather than having 3 different testimonials. If I done it individually, I'd end up with a TRB about 3 foot thick and it would be massively confusing to read.

Anybody else had this problem and know if I'm doing the correct thing?

I done ame as what you did except got 3 testimonials and put them all in first ship section.

Comment

Got my monthly reviews to go with the testimonial so I think I should be fine. Was just curious as to what the MCA would think of it.

Comment

We were told by CMT to treat every trip as a new ship even if you had just signed off it. No photocopying of pages (Particulars, Specimen Signatures etc) and get a testimonial for each trip. Speak to your company training officer for confirmation though.

Comment

I'll contact my training officer, but I was talking to the mate/master before and he said they've had cadets on in the past where they've just classed it as one ship and completed one testimonial and never had any problems with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapheadSteve View Post
            I'll contact my training officer, but I was talking to the mate/master before and he said they've had cadets on in the past where they've just classed it as one ship and completed one testimonial and never had any problems with it.
            I didn't have any problems doing it that way, it's mainly the company training officer covering their own back if the MCA make a fuss over it. But CMT are changing their mind over things the whole time so best to get it from the horses mouth.

Comment

If you sign on to a new ship, your chief or Master changes then you do a new testimonial each time we were told...

Sent via smoke signal...
              I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
                If you sign on to a new ship, your chief or Master changes then you do a new testimonial each time
                Officers do a 2/2 rotation here, my TRB would be massive. We never really got a great explanation of the TRB before we went off to sea, was barely 20 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                X