2005 bulk carrier questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 bulk carrier questions

due to join a 2005 bulk carrier which is british flagged. anyone tell me what crew im likely to have and what on board facilites will be like such as internet and gyms etc?

Originally posted by DaveThePlumber View Post
    due to join a 2005 bulk carrier which is british flagged. anyone tell me what crew im likely to have and what on board facilites will be like such as internet and gyms etc?
    How big is it? and what company is it with?

Comment

Totally applies to which company you are with and ship management etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofinga View Post
        Totally applies to which company you are with and ship management etc.
        Zodiac and its 290m long !

Comment

I dont suppose you have anything as helpful as a name or anything? There are what you might call a feck load of boats built each and every year.

Age actually has very little to do with facilities, owner / operator has everything to do with facilities.
          Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
          Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
          No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefy View Post
            I dont suppose you have anything as helpful as a name or anything? There are what you might call a feck load of boats built each and every year.

Age actually has very little to do with facilities, owner / operator has everything to do with facilities.
            cape flamingo chief

Comment

Zodiac , I would say majority of Officers will be Eastern European (Ukraine Bulgarian etc) and the crew will probably be Philippineo.

As for facilities , you wont have internet but may have access to the fleet 'e-mail system' which I have heard is terrible.

As for food expect many fish heads and boiled cabbage. Rancid doesn't quite cut it.

BUT... on a bulker you can expect longer stays in port and I'd imagine you'll see A lot of the world.

Comment

ill eat anything haha ! sure ill survive !

Comment

Working...
                X