Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FD Engineering course

Hi guys,

I'm a little confused as to how the course works as I've been told different things. Is it simply a pass or a fail in the end? Or does it actually matter what percentage you get for each assignment and each module?

Cheers

I?ve just started on the FD Engineering course. The main difference between it and the HNC is that you do have to complete the entire thing to get any sort of qualification. The HNC get a qualification for certain stages of their course. You do get marked on assignments and modules at the end of each phase and they do go towards your final grade. FYI I?m at Fleetwood and thats what they have told us. Could be different elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by reusch View Post
      Hi guys,

I'm a little confused as to how the course works as I've been told different things. Is it simply a pass or a fail in the end? Or does it actually matter what percentage you get for each assignment and each module?

Cheers
      Hi,

Assuming it's the same as the Deck course you will have to gain a minimum mark (At WMA it was 40%) to pass the unit for the foundation degree standard. However in order to obtain exemptions from the MCA examinations the pass mark is much higher (60 - 65% depending on module).

Your lecturers should be able to tell you the requirements for the module they are teaching (if it's not written in the course handbook / at the front of your notes).
      ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
      myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

AFAIK, the exemptions for the FD engine course are 50%. Most of the time it is a mix of assignment and exam that determines the grade (i.e 25% each for two assignments, 50% exam at the end), except maths where it's all exam. Final mark is an overall mark of 50% as an average across all the subjects.

Comment

Working...
        X