Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been made redundant during cadetship

hello,

I am a cadet with a management company, or rather, was a cadet with a management company that recently closed. We were told that we would be taken on by Northern Marine Management as they were managing the ships this company used to manage. We then later found out it was a lie and made redundant, but said they would try and get us a cadetship and never give you up. Nautilus will not help me, in fact I thought they said we will never let you down. I have called every company and they will not help me. I have been running around and only been hurt. What can I do officer cadet to save my cadetship? I feel as if I have wasted two years of my life. I feel like coming back to college next year and pretending everything is normal.

edited for spelling mistakes

Oh dear, I assume that you were previously a Meridian Marine Management cadet?

Has the same thing applied to all the cadets who were training with Meridian at the time? The statement which I read from them said quite clearly that all cadets would be transferred to Northern Marine.

You say that you have "called every company", the only thing that I can suggest is that you write to the training manager at every company you can find with your situation and ask for help, I take it you have already tried Clyde Marine and SSTG?

How much sea time do you have already, would simply returning to college and funding the academic side of your training either yourself or with local education authority assistance be an option?

Good luck.
    Go out, do stuff

Comment

That sucks an unbelievable amount.
      Like clanky has already said you need to write to ALL companies outlining your situation.
      if you have enough sea time I would also be getting in touch with the marine society, they are likely to help you out.
      Last edited by Randomist; 19 October 2012, 09:00 AM. Reason: Removed grievance of a named company
      Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

Please send me a PM about you situation, with as much detail as possible. I will try to bring your case to the attention of some friends who might be able to help.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I'd like to thank you for your offers of help but I've already got another career sorted, this time on land. Ill come on here occasionally as I still may have some info for other cadets.

Comment

Originally posted by Cclapperford View Post
            Thanks for the replies guys. I'd like to thank you for your offers of help but I've already got another career sorted, this time on land. Ill come on here occasionally as I still may have some info for other cadets.
            I was with Meridian and in this position but thankfully was picked up by Trinity House. One of the other cadets in my cohort was left without sponsorship but our head of student services spoke with another company and got his cadetship sorted - are you sure you want to give up on being a seafarer? because if not then speak to your college, they have so many contacts and hate to see a good cadet leave.

Comment

Working...
            X