Mobile Phone Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clanky View Post
    We just like to keep tabs on you lot to make sure you aren't lost again.

Personally if I need to know where we are I nip along to the bridge and ask one of the bus drivers to point it out to me on the map.
    It's because you glorified bus drivers have a habit of running ships aground and we don't want to be dragged through the courts with you because some moron as hit an island...
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

We just like to keep tabs on you lot to make sure you aren't lost again.

Personally if I need to know where we are I nip along to the bridge and ask one of the bus drivers to point it out to me on the map.
      Yer, you like giving us hard questions :-)
      ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
      myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

I seem to remember one particular hard question resulting in a full page explanation with a pretty graph and everything. Well impressive.
        Go out, do stuff

Comment

In terms of educational (not practical) apps, there are three ones I own for helping you learn buoyage, Rules of the Road and Nav lights by a dev called iGlimpse. You learn it all in class obviously but I've had a play on a train or two before.

Comment

I seem to remember one particular hard question resulting in a full page explanation with a pretty graph and everything. Well impressive.
            I guess that wasn't me :-)
            ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
            myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

is their any good apps out for engine cadets then?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy View Post
                is their any good apps out for engine cadets then?
                Aye! Angry Birds, Hambo, Plants Vs Zombies, Tetris, etc...

Comment

ha they sound good to me lol

Comment

And at what point did you get bored and wander off?

We would hate you to think our job was any easier than yours. Otherwise you would suggest differentials in salaries in your favour ...
                    "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
                    "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
                      Aye! Angry Birds, Hambo, Plants Vs Zombies, Tetris, etc...
                      Errrr, arn't some of those a bit hard for engine cadets?
                      "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
                      "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchorder View Post
                        Errrr, arn't some of those a bit hard for engine cadets?
                        Nah, I have seen some deck officers throughly combobulated by them though...

Comment

Angry birds does get quite tricky in the latter levels...
                          "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

Remembers last sea phase , playing Plants vs zombies in the crew mess computer , having wagers of soft drinks on who could complete a level that had been on there for a few days. True to say i never won any soft drinks . Put a fillipino in front of a computer for a few hours and he will succeed , darn cook and steward winning all the time they must of had nothing else to do whilst the rest of us grafted
                            Maybe I will never be
                            All the things that I want to be
                            But now is not the time to cry
                            Now's the time to find out why

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
                              Nah, I have seen some deck officers throughly combobulated by them though...
                              The game helped them arrange their thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                                The game helped them arrange their thoughts?
                                They can actually think? Whoa....

Comment

Working...
                                X