Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Days Per Week Are you At College?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Days Per Week Are you At College?

Hey guys,
    Im starting the Pd course at Glasgow City College in september and was wondering how many days per week do you attend. Ive been told off different people that its 5 days then Ive also heard its 3 days. If anyone could let me know about this is would be great, and if they knew what days it would be also. Thanks

Going from STC i would expect 5 days, people might be saying 3 days o classes ignoring the 2 days of workshop. im sure someone from glasgow will put you (and me right)
    you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

sorry to take over this thread, but what about for a deck cadet??

Comment

they are in 6 days most weeks, two days in rooms with no windows to preserve your prescious eyes

Comment

haha !! Thank's ETwhat, 6 days you say?? do u not get weekends off, or is it a choice to come in.

Comment

as each week only ends once surely a single day is the weekend? everything in life is a choice, but dont worry on ship they only make you work 6 days too the 7th they just tie up or drop anchor

Comment

Are you taking the piss ET?
              "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

6 days haha very good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ducki52 View Post
                  Are you taking the piss ET?
                  As a trained electro person i know that it is dangerous to take the piss whilst operating a laptop, if it was observed it would be classed as an 'at risk activity'

Comment

Well as long as you're wearing the appropiate PPE, have familiarised yourself with the risk assessment and you have a permit to work from the relevant authority, you should be ok to carry out the task in hand.
                    "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

I started PD last September. We were in 9-5 every day except Wednesdays (10-5). We had a 15 min smoko (SP) in morning and afternoon and an hour for lunch. After new years as some subjects had been examined we started getting some free time in week.

Comment

Originally posted by Ducki52 View Post
                        Well as long as you're wearing the appropiate PPE, have familiarised yourself with the risk assessment and you have a permit to work from the relevant authority, you should be ok to carry out the task in hand.
                        Stop it, all this talk of PTW, Risk Ass and PPE is getting me excited.

Comment

Working...
                        X