How long is each phase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is each phase?

I'm due to start deck in september and was just wondering what are the dates for each phase?

Hey! Welcome to the forum!

Are you HND or FD?

Comment

Hey hnd

Comment

You will be finished by Christmas then

Comment

So phase 1 college.. September- December how long will phase 2 be? Was just wandering if I could go on holiday with my pals

Comment

Hey there, I am FD at Fleetwood anyone have an idea of the term dates? Would be really nice to be home for Christmas as have been workig the last few years!

Comment

I'd be careful about booking holidays like that as you can be called to join a ship at any time!
              I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

I agree with GM.

Unless you know for a fact you will be home and have told the company your intentions and got the go ahead, I wouldn't bother.

I'm in a similar situation just now, I want to go away but getting timing etc... is a pain. Sea time is more important than beer time just now!

Comment

Yeh i know lol.. i was just wondering if i would be on leave then or not :P Kinda hoping to be home so i can still go to prom as well

Comment

Originally posted by Becks View Post
                    Yeh i know lol.. i was just wondering if i would be on leave then or not :P Kinda hoping to be home so i can still go to prom as well
                    Maybe, maybe not. I've had three days and two months between finishing college and joining a ship (the two months one was an abnormality as my Sponsor had just switched managers who hadn't been told about me and I needed some special courses too).
                    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

I'm sure there's an answer to this somewhere but can't find it. How long should phase 1 FD at STC last?

Comment

As an indication I've just finished my first FD engine phase at STC. Start of September 'till March, then two or three weeks of March doing revision and exams.

Comment

http://www.careersatsea.org/courses this should help I think

Comment

No that doesn't help sorry, I'm sure I read for deck it's something like
                            phase 1 (college) 21 weeks
                            phase 2 (sea) 29 weeks
                            then not sure but can remember seeing a 49 week sea phases at some point

Comment

Just a bit of input. I'm at STC and the college have my FIRST sea phase to 13 month and my second sea phase to 5 month. So not all the phases will be the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X