Cadets with Vroon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadets with Vroon....

Wondering did any other new cadets get Vroon as their sponsoring company?

Did any of the more experienced cadets go through with Vroon?

Has anyone on here worked for them?? Heard anything positive or negative about them??

Many Thanks.

I know of two Clyde cadets in my intake. Both if them knew what ship they were going on before we finished up college and seemed to have good contact with them, as far as Clyde contact goes.

Comment

I've heard some good things about them as a trainer, not as an employer (could just be the usual level of bitching) but I know they have lots of different vessel classes so worth seeing if you can get on ships other than the North Sea fleet...
      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

I was just told today that Vroon was my sponsor. If there is anyone that's already been on trips with them what ships where you on?

Comment

i am a cadet with Vroon and about to go on my first trip on Friday. they where really help full in answering my questions about joining etc , they had a berthing planner which has now been taken down with all the ships we could join and it was all standby ships with most of them being in the north sea and Irish sea

Comment

Thanks for the help Matty. Do you know if we get to progress into AHTS or PSV? or is it solely standby vessels?

Comment

i am not sure if you can but theres always a chance you may be able to and you can always send them a email to see if you can join one of them thats what i might do for my next sea phase

Comment

Is it best to email them now as I'm only at the end of my third day of college?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                  I was just told today that Vroon was my sponsor. If there is anyone that's already been on trips with them what ships where you on?
                  Hi Andy, A cadet I know at Plymouth University was told a week before he left Uni. His ship was called VOS Vigilant (Only built last year - he is lucky) and he is been sent off to Aberdeen. That ship goes way up North.
                  "Knowledge is gained through experience and experience is just another name for our mistakes" - Albert Einstein/Oscar Wilde
                  "Choose a career that you really enjoy and you will never have to work a single day in life."

Experience with Container, General Cargo and Cruise vessels.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewisscott22 View Post
                    Hi Andy, A cadet I know at Plymouth University was told a week before he left Uni. His ship was called VOS Vigilant (Only built last year - he is lucky) and he is been sent off to Aberdeen. That ship goes way up North.
                    One of my mates at Plymouth told me about the exact same person. I'm just hoping i get the chance to go on a AHTS

Comment

AHTS can be very dangerous, hence a lot of companies don't send cadets on them.

Obviously cadets can be put on them, but usually that would happen after they have proved themselves to be responsible at sea.

Comment

I understand. So i'm more likely to get on one in my second sea phase?

Comment

Chances are you have been sponsored by Vroon Offshore Services LTD and this section of the company only have standby vessels, the AHTS is run by the Singapore side and supply vessels is run by the Dutch side I think.

Comment

my father is a master on vroon imt 955 ships, he normally gets cadets becausse these ships do standby and supply duties depending on location

Comment

I believe cadets are only placed on the Vroon UK ships, that fleet is all standby.

I know of a Vroon cadet and he is on straight standby ships in the Irish sea.

Comment

Working...
                              X