No announcement yet.

What is the baggage allowance for KLM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the baggage allowance for KLM?

I know that sailors usually get a higher baggage allowance than regular passengers, could anyone tell me the limit for KLM ? I've heard its around 25KG..
    Life at sea is a life for me

2bags max 20kg each.....any come back quote seamans ticket at them, may demand to see discharge book........
    Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

so 40KG is the limit in total?

Comment

Yes....but over 2 bags niether of which more than 20kg.........it isnt rocket science :-)
        Trust me I'm a Chief.

No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefy View Post
            Yes....but over 2 bags niether of which more than 20kg.........it isnt rocket science :-)
            Depends what airline you're with. Emirates let me fly with a 29KG bag and a 40KG baggage allowance

To boldly go.....
            Forum Administrator
            OfficerCadet.com

Comment

depends what mood they are in...normally dont go over 25kg in one bag, even then it gets tagged as "heavy"
              Trust me I'm a Chief.

Comment

i flew with KLM twice last year going to sea, i only had one suitcase, it weighed well over 20kg but wasnt questioned about it and never had to show any seamans ticket either

Comment

I remember when I came back and I went through KLM, I did only have one suitcase at 24KG, it was tagged as heavy, its just the thought of lugging two 20KG bags around with me to join/leave my ship is a right hassle..

Comment

I was given 40kg on the way to join my ship but i now only have 20kg on the way back due to the airline not being able to pre-book additional luggage, apparently i have to pay the excess (15 pounds per kg) and then claim it back from clyde marine, although i am going to follow it up with an email just to make sure that i wont get conned.
                    "My Job"

It's not my place to run the boat
                    the fog horn I can't blow.

It's not my place to say just where
                    the boat's allowed to go

It's not my right to dock the boat
                    or even clang the bell

But let the damn thing
                    start to sink AND SEE WHO CATCHES HELL!

Comment

I had no problems with KLM. 40Kg and that was it, one bag was about 25 the other was 15. Great food on-board!

Comment

General allowance for KLM on a SEMN fare is a 23kg x 2 bags. Most airlines on a SEMN fare offer 40kg total allowance. This is NOT always the case, and you are wise to check your booking on www.checkmytrip.com or the 'Manage my booking' section of the relevent airline prior to flying, where it will show you entitlement. Occasionally no routes into Africa, Asia or South America on small turboprops you may be limited to as little as 15kg regardless of ticket! You also get reduced allowance on Eastern Airways when travelling within the UK/to Norway.

Comment

Seen that before, however if need be pay the excess and claim it off the travel expenses. Often it's the internal connection after coming in from abroad and they try to get you to loose weight (in your baggage) however proving you came in from elsewhere can often get them to let you on

As for Eastern...they get me drunk every time I fly with them, the girls can get up and down that aisle (ABZ-HUY) a surprising number of times in such a short flight
                          Trust me I'm a Chief.

Comment

haha I've done ABZ-HUY a few times as well. Enjoying some fine whisky! :-)

Comment

When I flew with them from Korea it was 40kg, but the flight from Busan to Souel was 20kg as was the amsterdam to gatwick leg.
                              I was informed that the agent could pay for my baggage if it was over, however when I got to the Airport Korea side the agent took care of everything
                              Engine Cadet | Phase 5 @ Warsash Maritime Academy

Comment

Working...
                              X