Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QM2 experiences

Hi all,
    I have just found out that I will be doing my sea time on the Queen Mary 2. So I was just wondering what people experiences where on board, what you did and what the accommodation was like.

Thanks,
    James

I'll be on next year as a final trip deckie. Mixed reviews, but will be fantastic for you as an engineer - pods, gas turbines etc...

In general, the deck privileges on Cunard aren't quite as good as P&O, but life below decks is meant to be much more fun. For example, with P&O there's rules regarding use of the crew bar by officers (must be invited, wear uniform) that don't apply on Cunard.
    Last edited by CharlieDelta; 23 October 2011, 07:28 PM.
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Have a look at the early entries of my blog, I did three months on her in my first sea phase.

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Just another question because im under 18 is it likely that i will have my own cabin or will i be put in with over 18's.

Comment

Very unlikely to be honest.
          sigpic
          Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Working...
          X