Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey - Safety of Lifeboat Launching Systems aboard merchant vessels

Hey everyone!

Please could you spare a few minutes to complete my questionnaire on the Safety of Lifeboat Launching systems?

I'm a deck cadet having just completed my main sea phase and have recently started my final year down at Plymouth University on the BSc(Hons) Marine Studies (Merchant Shipping) degree programme. As part of my final year, I have to do a dissertation. The research project is titled: Safety of Lifeboat Launching Systems aboard merchant vessels. The aim is to investigate the main causes of injuries and accidents that occur during lifeboat drills. As a result of the findings, recommendations will be made to the shipping industry to improve the safety of lifeboats aboard merchant vessels and to reduce the number of lifeboat related accidents occurring in the future.

Please click on the following link to complete the questionnaire:

http://kwiksurveys.com?u=safetyoflif...unchingsystems

If you would prefer to fill in a text form field questionnaire in Word, then please provide your email address and I'll send a copy.

If you have any questions / problems regarding my questionnaire or would like to give further input then feel free to send me a message or reply on this thread.

Thanks for your help guys!

Golf_Bravo

Done, but I swear I recognise those questions from someone doing a similar topic last year! I'm not having a go, I'm just warning you to be very careful as Uni's take a very dim view of plagiarism.

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

While I know what you mean, there are only so many questions and so many ways to ask the questions and also only so many topics for dissertations.

Though it fair to warn people that Uni's aren't happy with plagiarism
      Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
      Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
      No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Thanks for the advice, although I'm not aware of a similar questionnaire that went around last year... but all these questions are original and focus on my project aim. I designed this questionnaire while on board my last vessel. I agree it is a 'hot' topic and some research has already been undertaken regarding the safety of lifeboat systems but there are many paths which a dissertation can take.

Comment

Best of luck!

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Working...
          X