I've actually updated my blog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've actually updated my blog!

Sorry, I've had so many requests, and I've only just started updating today!

I've got it updated up until the beginning of February - so my first month on my first trip. I have notes for another few months until I paid off in May, so there's a lot more to come but I'm going to crack on with that after I get some sleep - the coffee's run out!

Included in this set of new posts are general seamanship tasks, South American ports, crossing the line and rounding Cape Horn.

The blog is mainly about being a cadet but there's a bit of travel commentary and LOTS of pretty pictures to look at!

Coming in the next few days:
    • The rest of February - Chile, Pacific Islands (including Pitcairn Island), Brisbane, doing more exciting and interesting seamanlike things
    • March - Australia, New Zealand, more Pacific Islands, Hawaii, California, Mexico, starting bridge watchkeeping
    • April - Panama Canal, Caribbean, back to Southampton, Caribbean again, lots of watchkeeping, oh and my birthday too!
    • May - Baltic and Channel Islands, even more watchkeeping, some exciting stuff and leaving my first ship
    And then there'll be some rambles from a bored person on leave!

So quite a lot of updates which will generate a heck of a lot of reading material - sorry!

Please have a look though, especially if you're starting with a cruise company this year - I like to think some of it might be a bit useful!

http://charliedelta.officercadet.com

To bed!

CD

PS: size4, I will never again wonder why it took you so long to update your blog. I totally get it.
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Wow, blogging is tiring! Haha. Up to mid February now, with a big post about Pitcairn Island.

Thanks for all the nice messages I've had - keep reading and be sure to comment on any posts that you like or have questions about!

CD
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieDelta View Post
      Wow, blogging is tiring!
      Thats why you should write it while onboard then post it whenever you have time / a connection
      ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
      myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

I've got a lot of notes written down, but it's just putting pictures on Flickr, linking them, formatting, making something comprehensible about my notes and so on! Yeah, definitely going to actually type it up onboard next time!
        sigpic

Comment

Ah the Aurora, that's one of my old ladies, I have been very messy in that wardy a lot of times, good times
          Cheers and ta

S

I wear my purple with pride
          http://www.antijanner.wordpress.com
          http://www.twitter.com/antijanner

Comment

I have no comment about my wardroom activities.

Absolutely fantastic ship - couldn't have asked for better for my first trip!
            sigpic

Comment

It was one of the best engine rooms - lay out wise - I've ever worked in.

some good memories and "extra curricular" activities on that ship. Was my 1st full trip in the company on that.

Ah such good times!
              Cheers and ta

S

I wear my purple with pride
              http://www.antijanner.wordpress.com
              http://www.twitter.com/antijanner

Comment

Haha, wardie was a little bit dead while I was there. Lots of complaints about how the V and Azura have much better wardies, and of course the usual "there's too many restrictions on going to the crew bar" complaints.

Truthfully though, if they sent me back again I'd go in a heartbeat! Best cadet cabins in the fleet!
                sigpic

Comment

Ok... up to beginning of March tonight. Sleep time again!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X