Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?

Hi everyone,

I was just thinking about what i am going to do when i have spare time at sea. I know it's going to be a few a far between case but im sure i will be getting the odd bit of time to myself during my 4 month stint.

I am going to be on cruise ships with Royal Caribbean, and i would like ot hear about any of the activities you guys and girls do to keep yourselves occupied.

Everything is welcome,

Cheers, J
    "My Job"

It's not my place to run the boat
    the fog horn I can't blow.

It's not my place to say just where
    the boat's allowed to go

It's not my right to dock the boat
    or even clang the bell

But let the damn thing
    start to sink AND SEE WHO CATCHES HELL!

Cruise ships generally have plenty of distractions, though deck privileges vary from company to company. With Carnival brands, they're great and you can enjoy the majority of passenger facilities, though Royal Caribbean may differ.

Bring movies on a hard drive or DVDs, reading material, take up going to the gym, etc
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Yeh thats my general plan, i have loads of dvd's etc and i have started reading again so a few books will be bought on ship.

I also plan to hit the gym hard and come back with a 12 pack etc :P but probably not! Cheers CD
      "My Job"

the boat's allowed to go

or even clang the bell

But let the damn thing

Comment

Sleep becomes a luxury....

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

I must say, between daywork/watches, early starts, nights in the wardroom, studying on the bridge or exploring the ship I had little time for anything except sleep!

On that note, probably my number one recommendation for if you're bored and there's nothing official for you to do - go explore the ship with your camera. Take different routes to get to places. On one hand, you'll get to know the ship very well, work things out for yourself and so on, and on the other the safety officer will often appreciate another set of eyes!
          sigpic
          Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieDelta View Post
            On that note, probably my number one recommendation for if you're bored and there's nothing official for you to do - go explore the ship with your camera. Take different routes to get to places. On one hand, you'll get to know the ship very well, work things out for yourself and so on, and on the other the safety officer will often appreciate another set of eyes!
            That's something i hadn't thought of. Sounds like a good plan to follow!

Cheers mate
            "My Job"

the boat's allowed to go

or even clang the bell

But let the damn thing

Comment

Working...