Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRNC June 2011

Hey all,
    Next Monday 20th, I will begin the RFA 7 week course at Dartmouth.
    A tad out on a limb here in sunny Ipswich, anyone else on this fair site also starting then?
    Tad nervous now.....

Re: BRNC June 2011

Ahh hogwarts, you'll miss it with the safety of hindsight! Make sure your iron works, mine broke somewhere between testing it at home and attempting to use it on the first night. Luckily someone had a spare I could borrow!

And you lucky buggers get to do COLDA in the middle of summer!

Comment

Iron, yes will do, heard there's alot of use out of them; oh the Devon summer nights, ironing shirts!
      Hmm, I know. fell on feet with the ole COLDA there........

Comment

It's an abomination!

Comment

Oh other top tip - The Dartmouth Arms is a cracking pub, the staff in there are great, tell em the RFA lot from November/December say hi!

Comment

just curious what does op colda involve?

Comment

4 days and 3 nights, 1st day is training of a load of the skills you'll need, 2nd day is practice leadership tasks and you get feedback from them, then 3rd day is assessed leadership tasks on the land and finally 4th day is based down at the river doing assessed leadership tasks in the whaler boats and onboard the training ship hindostan. Each morning you get a lovely PT session at about 5:30/6am and in the evening the marines from the leadership department do things like night nav exercises and 'wet and dry' drills. At night you have to take it in turns to do an hour watch (which includes putting your wet clothes back on from the wet and dry drills), if your unlucky you may have to do it twice. May also get 'bumped', where your camp gets attacked and you have to move camp in the middle of the night in about 2 minutes flat.

Comment

Sounds more like an infantry exercise. Kind of stuff we do in the TA. Thought it would be more "naval".

Comment

Finally! Another RFAer starting this June!

I will be there this June, do make sure you are up there to start on the 19th LOL! By about 4:30pm, I believe......

Comment

Working...
                  X