Programme Type: Non-Degree MSQ*
    Academic requirements and ability
    3 GCSE/ Scottish Standard Grades
    Very practical, enjoys a ?hands-on? approach
    Programme aspects
    To be developed
    Programme timescales, seafarer certification and professional aspirations
    To be developed

*NB ? the Maritime Studies Qualification (MSQ) is currently under development and is expected to be available by April 2011.

Re: A new route ito the MN???

Does this lead to OOW?
    "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

This was expected to co-inside with the new STCW. I don't think it's happened really. There is a new variation of the HND route though

To boldly go.....
      Forum Administrator
      OfficerCadet.com

Comment

They seem to be lowering the required standard to get in? ....Strange as they have had more people apply for sponsorship this year than ever!
        Luck......Preperation times Opportunity.

Comment

I heard this was being trialled at South Tyneside this year, but I don't think there is much going on generally. Seems to have been conceived as part of national training framework for vocational studies as per engineering, construction etc, so as to offer poss. for qualifications at different level from trad. cadet courses. Also, my impression was that it was intended for potential ratings, not officer trainees, hence no need for sponsorship from companies before you can even get onto the course. :P
          I'm no expert, but I really don't think it should be making that noise...

Comment

I'm at South Tyneside and haven't heard of this. However, if you are right Supermario it may just be for ratings (hence not hearing of it as I am a trainee officer).

Comment

Working...
            X