Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to your room/belongings while during sea phase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to your room/belongings while during sea phase?

Say I want to bring my car/bike/pc to college, what happens to these things while I'm at sea? Do they just stay in my empty, disused room on the campus? Or is it not advised to bring valuable stuff like these to the college?

When I was at Fleetwood, we only rented are rooms for the time we were in college phases. Any of sea phase we had to move all our stuff home with use.

Comment

Yeah got to move back home when you are on sea phases, unless you rent privately but then you'd be paying a lot of money out every month for a property you aren't using!

Comment

Ah ok. Do they give you plenty of time/notice for getting your stuff out of your room and back to your parents?

Comment

Originally posted by Waaarrrggghhh View Post
          Ah ok. Do they give you plenty of time/notice for getting your stuff out of your room and back to your parents?

Yep, you should be given a term dates sheet pretty soon after your start, which will have all your term dates on.

Comment

You can pay to keep your room during your sea phase at some colleges, but that is a waste of money. Don't worry about valuables when you're there, they'll be safe locked in your room.

Comment

Ok so I can just keep my stuff in my room, safe and secure, but i wont need to actually pay the rent while at sea?

Comment

No, you can't keep anything there unless you pay full rent to keep your room during the sea phases. I mean when you're at college you don't need to worry about security/your valuables.

Comment

Originally posted by Waaarrrggghhh View Post
                  Ok so I can just keep my stuff in my room, safe and secure, but i wont need to actually pay the rent while at sea?
                  No, because that will mean they can't rent the room out again, which is turn means one less room for cadets and a considerable drop in income for them. Remember, accommodation is a business, not a charity.

Basically, you rent a room during term time, you keep your stuff there and pay them rent. At the end of term you stop renting the room, it's no longer yours, so you have to move your stuff out. It's the same as anywhere else really.

If you don't have anywhere to leave stuff whilst at sea it might be worth looking at some private storage rental facilities and sticking it in a container, it's a lot cheaper than renting a place.
                  27//Officer Cadet//Phase Three//Warsash

My officer cadet blog - SeasboundBySummer.Tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                  X