Vomit Comet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vomit Comet

Does anyone know anything about how often freefall lifeboats have to be launched ? the vessel for my seaphase has one and its quite possibly my worst night mare
    Maybe I will never be
    All the things that I want to be
    But now is not the time to cry
    Now's the time to find out why

Re: Vomit Comet

Originally posted by Beef1992
    Does anyone know anything about how often freefall lifeboats have to be launched ? the vessel for my seaphase has one and its quite possibly my worst night mare
    Its once every 6months according to the MCA if im right, but don't expect every vessel to stick by these rules, also, you need to be part of a freefall drill as part of your portfolio, enjoy
    Life at sea is a life for me

Comment

Originally posted by Brimbo
      Originally posted by Beef1992
      Its once every 6months according to the MCA if im right, but don't expect every vessel to stick by these rules, also, you need to be part of a freefall drill as part of your portfolio, enjoy
      I second this, every 6 months as set by the MCA. One reason being a freefall launch is a more intensive procedure than a general TEMPSC launch off davits.

Comment

All i can say is F**K not looking forward to that then hopefully its just been done when i join !! anyone been to Callao in peru ? seems ill be spending my birthday there apparently its not advisable to go there if your a Westerner
        Maybe I will never be

Comment

What is it in particular you don't like about the free-fall boats? I mean once every six months in something meant to save your life can't be too bad (can it o.O)

Comment

I think it's the FREE FALL bit! I'm with Beef here, I have no problem with heights whatsoever, but falling is something I'm terrified of, when we did the 3.5m jump into the pool on our PST course I nearly hyperventilated!!

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Originally posted by size4riggerboots
              when we did the 3.5m jump into the pool on our PST course I nearly hyperventilated!!
              I seen a shot of the high dive, feet first, full volley splash landing on some documentary, either the merchant navy thing on STV or some CMT video somewhere. Not looking forward to that AT ALL. Like yourself, I can work at heights without any major problems, but the idea of jumping and falling intentionally is giving me the heeby jeebys. I can't understand people like just love to jump off frickin' waterfalls!
              "I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way". --- Captain John Paul Jones, 1778.

Comment

[youtube:220s05jq]5EV5b8QHHqw[/youtube:220s05jq]

Mod note- edited to show video

Comment

*Shudder* Not even if it was on fire and sinking.

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

I'm looking forward to the free-fall lifeboats. I'm sure they're as uncomfortable as hell but it just looks like damn fun

Comment

I'm Happy to go in one if need be. haha.

Hell, depending on the ship, I have probably already jumped off higher things

Comment

Thats not a tanker thats the Prison ships that currently docked in barrow , its been there for years
                        Maybe I will never be

Comment

Are they escaping then? Someone should be alerted!

Comment

I think it looks pretty fun, like a theme park ride only a little bit more extreme.

Comment

If it is that terrfying start small say base jumping and work your way up.

Nothing to worry about really not much you can do about gravity so dont worry.
                              Wise man says.... " Enough with the stupid questions "

Comment

Working...
                              X