X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJK
    started a topic Slim Fit Shirts

Slim Fit Shirts

I am starting FD Engine in September and was wondering where the best place was to buy Slim fitted Pilot Shirts? Chiltern have advised me to use SMBASS however, as they do not have a website I am unsure about the fit?

Can anyone advise me on this? as well as how Chilterns Uniform with SMBASS works? I was told to make an order with them and that certain things are 'supplied by Chiltern upon contacting?

Thanks

• Cammy
    replied
    I got mine from www.flightstore.co.uk
    Good quality shirts and decenty priced

Leave a comment:

• DJK
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowy View Post
    Don't forget the possibly cheaper option of getting some decent fitting shirts from somewhere like M&S and taking them to a tailor to add some epaulette flaps!
    Never thought of this before as an option but will certainly look into it, Thank you

Leave a comment:

• DJK
    replied
    Originally posted by agibbs98 View Post
    Oh and Runway 27’s Cali Jumpers are a good alternative to the NATO jumpers the companies provide, a few on our course wore them as they’re a nicer fabric and better fit.
    Thanks, Agibbs98! I will take a look at those. Appreciate it

Leave a comment:

• Snowy
    replied
    Don't forget the possibly cheaper option of getting some decent fitting shirts from somewhere like M&S and taking them to a tailor to add some epaulette flaps!

Leave a comment:

• agibbs98
    replied
    Oh and Runway 27’s Cali Jumpers are a good alternative to the NATO jumpers the companies provide, a few on our course wore them as they’re a nicer fabric and better fit.

Leave a comment:

• agibbs98
    replied
    If you want slim fit or muscular fit etc then the uniform provided doesn’t offer this. They offer the cheapest shirts in standard collar sizes only. There is nothing stopping you buying your own, higher quality and custom fit as below. Runway 27 do great custom fit shirts for £35 but non-returnable so try and be as sure as possible!

https://www.dennys.co.uk/Ares-Slim-F...roduct/254491/

https://www.runway27.com/fitted-pilot-shirts.html

Leave a comment:

• DJK
    replied
    Thanks Midge I will do that now, Appreciate it!

Leave a comment:

• Midge
    replied
    Call them and ask the measurements, get your own measurements together before calling, use one of your own shirts to compare the two. I recall (and it’s quite a while ago now several years) they sent shirts, jumper, trousers etc etc, they had a set allowance for each cadet. You can email them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X