free internet on kindle 3g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free internet on kindle 3g

I just treated myself to a Kindle 3g for reading pdfs on and the free global internet browsing while I'm onboard ship in coastal waters.

Good news is the forum looks great on it, but it can't manage facebook or hotmail.
    Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Re: free internet on kindle 3g

I have a kindle too (went for the wi-fi version rather than 3g) and the forum works very smooth on the browser, very fast. Facebook works on my kindle but occasionally freezes (if you change the screen to landscape beforehand it may help), hotmail almost never gets past loading the inbox before freezing, try gmail The browser is still in early experimental stages anyway..

Comment

Where u get this deal direct from amazon or somewhere else? Got some more details how fast and how much for free?

Comment

you get free internet (3g or gprs) in 100 countries over the mobile network so when theship is near the coast no limits but obviously its just for email not p2p bought it in tesco at the amazon price ?152

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
        Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Hmmmmm some one has a birthday soon, do we recommend Mrs Chiefy to buy Chiefy one of these, sounds spot on?
          Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
          Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
          No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

well i recommend it but worth tring someone elses first its not an ipad by any means only displays basic web sites

Comment

I agree on trying one first as not everyone likes reading from an electronic screen; personally I love it

Comment

im loving the e ink

Comment

the e-ink has just died, not loving it now.

Comment

i wish i had the money or such toys
                    Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
                    Adapt and over come
                    Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

well I'm a wee bit older than you - slaved away in an office for too many years etc.

Comment

haha i slave in a burger king lol :P
                        Adapt and over come

Comment

That's unlucky, Chris. But iPhones and iPads break too. Getting it replaced? Should have 1 year warranty.

@stronglead, at least you won't starve!

Comment

i try not to eat it now, after 2 years its to much am gaining weight as it is good thing summers coming for some outdoor exercise
                            Adapt and over come

Comment

just about to eat a bk in america 1am uk time what a long day of travel 6 hours to go

Comment

Working...
                              X