E-Newspapers on ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Newspapers on ship

I'm a D/C about to go into Phase 4.... a great long time at sea in the new HNC route!

Does anyone know of any news services that you can subscribe to that send full articles direct to your inbox as opposed to just a headline and a link? (Like the BBC) It would have to be a plain text email - no attachment at all, just an email with the article in it, otherwise it'll just get blocked when new mail is downloaded to the ship.

Would be great to get something sent daily or weekly, some of the e-newspapers I've seen aren't the best.

Cheers guys!
    Remember, you can be sea sick and sick of the sea. Avoid both at all costs...

Re: E-Newspapers on ship

Ask you Captain if the vessel receives a daily (or weekly) "Newslink" service. Most companies have this and it only takes them an email to have individual countries added to it.
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Re: E-Newspapers on ship

We get OceanLink which seems to be from the Gaurdian, not sure on price though, as the entire fleet gets it in many languages

Though you might have interweb in which case you're ok to do bbc on your own
      Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
      Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
      No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Working...
      X