Travel Arrangements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Arrangements

RFA pay standard class rail travel for cadets and 3rd officers joining or leaving ships in the UK, 1st class for all other officers, though this may have changed to standard for everyone with the MoD's budget tightening last year.

Air travel on flights over 2.5 hours was business class for all officers and cadets, now it's probably only on flights over 4.5 hours in accordance with the budgetary nonsense. Note that it is only if the individual flight exceeds those times. 2 x 2.4hr flights would be cattle class!

So what do the other companies do for their officers and cadets? BP? Shell? The cruise outfits? The training mills?

Re: Travel Arrangements

I was informed last week that the RFA standards are currently exactly the same as you state there Steve!
    Forum Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
      RFA pay standard class rail travel for cadets and 3rd officers joining or leaving ships in the UK, 1st class for all other officers, though this may have changed to standard for everyone with the MoD's budget tightening last year.
      [youtube:3kv3a1vd]DqgXzPfAxjo[/youtube:3kv3a1vd] :P

I suppose you have to pay yourself and then put an expenses claim in and wait a month for the claim form to work its way through the system.
      Emeritus Admin & Founding Member

Comment

I'd assume they use rail warrants just like every other snivel serpent.
        '... English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't
        just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages
        down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for
        new vocabulary.' - James Davis Nicoll

Comment

Working...
        X