MCA tickets compared to others.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCA tickets compared to others.....

From the general talk I've heard around, companies tend to see people who hold MCA OOW tickets as a good breed of officers who are some what sought after. I'm just wondering why this is? high standard of training? long history of merchant shipping?

Re: MCA tickets compared to others.....

its the high standard of training as far as i know, english officers are commonly more desired than other nationalities, though other nationalities are usually cheaper to hire,for example,you could hire two motormen compared two one english one.
    Life at sea is a life for me

Comment

Yeah it is the quality of the training and that the Uk place rigourous standards on ships and crew.

Sort of like going to Oxford, Cambridge university wise.
      Wise man says.... " Enough with the stupid questions "

Comment

Its not just British officers that they are after. A number of companies within the industry like to have British Trained Officers because some of our colleges are quite good.

However, dependent on the owner and the flag of the ship, dont expect to get any preferential treatment during the hiring phase simply because of your passport. Lots of owners don't want Brits because we are more expensive, actually expect decent living and working conditions and because we drink alcohol (some owners actually do say this).
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
        X